Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

I love Gabby and I think he took his goal very well. And he really deserved it too as he kept on running for the whole game and created chances. Sure, it was Cuellar who passed the ball to Benteke for the 5th and it was a poor deflected shot that set up the 3rd, but he was still involved and forced those errors.

But I don't like this "highest PL scorer for Villa"-thing. Don't missunderstand me. It's a great achievement to score so many goals, it really is. But I think it's a bit unfair on Yorkie as football started before 1992 and Yorke played for Villa from 89 and scored quite a few goals before the english league changed its' name to Premier League. To me it's just a Sky promotion. Having said that, if we stay up and he goes on like this for another few years he'll probably pass Yorke anyway.

Improved greatly as a player in the second half of this season.  Rarely loses the ball and is a danger whenever he plays.  LW is his position as he can use all of his best attributes there.  Even though he is on a high wage I imagine he will stay at Villa for a few years yet.  If we can replace Bent with another quality player then we will have a great forward line next season. 

Improved greatly as a player in the second half of this season.  Rarely loses the ball and is a danger whenever he plays.  LW is his position as he can use all of his best attributes there.  Even though he is on a high wage I imagine he will stay at Villa for a few years yet.  If we can replace Bent with another quality player then we will have a great forward line next season. 

Yes when its mattered he's done the business. Always liked him because he's villa through and through.

I love Gabby and I think he took his goal very well. And he really deserved it too as he kept on running for the whole game and created chances. Sure, it was Cuellar who passed the ball to Benteke for the 5th and it was a poor deflected shot that set up the 3rd, but he was still involved and forced those errors.

But I don't like this "highest PL scorer for Villa"-thing. Don't missunderstand me. It's a great achievement to score so many goals, it really is. But I think it's a bit unfair on Yorkie as football started before 1992 and Yorke played for Villa from 89 and scored quite a few goals before the english league changed its' name to Premier League. To me it's just a Sky promotion. Having said that, if we stay up and he goes on like this for another few years he'll probably pass Yorke anyway.

But Yorke wasn't Villa through and through.... He didn't have his heart in the club... He showed his colours and they weren't claret and blue by a long shot... He left us for United then went on to sign for the Blues...

LEGEND LEGEND LEGEND LEGEND LEGEND LEGEND LEGEND LEGEND

• Like 1

But Yorke wasn't Villa through and through.... He didn't have his heart in the club... He showed his colours and they weren't claret and blue by a long shot... He left us for United then went on to sign for the Blues...

Gabby is a true Villa legend. He grew up supporting Villa unlike Yorke and has proven that he is the biggest local hero since the early 80s. Also, I don't think he would ever sign for the scum.

Two goals today as well! Might not be the best player but he does wear his heart on his sleeve.

He has definately earned himself the title of villa legend imo

its more than just goals scored. its the games in which he has scored them, the length of time he has been with us, the fact he is a local lad, he has never complained about being asked to play unfamiliar positions, and trys hard to improve his game year on year. He is also an ever present, hardly ever injured, his finishing and first touch improve every season, and best of all he still only 26, and is coming into his prime. He is an unusual player, as its rare to have someone with such pace also being so big and strong on the ball.

It looks like he is going to be a Villa player for his entire career which is a massive boon for us.

Keep up the good work Gabby. Great player that we are luckhy to have.

Numbers wise I think that gives him 284 games and 74 goals. Nearest I can come in terms of someone similar are Brian Little with 82 from 302 and Dwight Yorke with 98 from 287. Gabby's got a few years left in him yet though and he really could go on to become a genuine legend.

Â