Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

41 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

You know, the saddest part of it all (and whether he cares now or later down the line is up for debate), is that for all his limitations, up until this season and maybe even up until today, he would have been remembered fondly (if not highly celebrated) amongst villa fans long after retirement.

He's destroying / destroyed his legacy, well done mate. 

He had a legacy? I always viewed him as a decent premier league player who had a long service record at villa and that's it. I don't think there was ever any affection towards him from the fans or any sense that he reached his potential. He would have been remembered as a decent servant but instead he's now hated.

Christ, what a fool.

Wonder what tomorrow will bring? Yesterday the football board implodes sending some parting shots at Randy, then the club decide to close the upper Trinity and not the Witton and Gabby gets a nice story about him openly not giving a toss. Tomorrow the FA and Football League finds some way of sending us straight to League 1?

Shaun Teale agrees with me :P

Ex-Aston Villa ace: 'Sack Gabby Agbonlahor now, he's a ******* disgrace'

Shaun Teale has slammed into the club captain after he was suspended by Villa for his current behaviour

The club captain was today suspended pending an internal investigation after he was pictured on the front page of The Sun newspaper who claim he went on a laughing gas and booze binge hours after Villa’s relegation was confirmed last weekend.

Agbonlahor missed Saturday’s game at Manchester United which sent the club down to the second-tier for the first time in 29 years as he was deemed out-of-shape and not fit enough to feature.

Teale tweeted: “There is only one thing left to do ....sack him with immediate effect ...******* disgrace to be called a professional footballer’.

@ShaunTeale shaun-teele.jpg
@ShaunTeale

Villa’s top brass are currently looking into Agbonlahor’s behaviour after he once again made the front page of national newspapers for the wrong reasons.

Earlier this month he was pictured smoking a shisha pipe on holiday in Dubai but this incident is more serious.

Agbonlahor was only axed from one matchday squad while an investigation was launched into his behaviour in the UAE.

But the 29-year-old has now been officially suspended and is not welcome at Bodymoor Heath until the investigation is complete.

Of course the booze, laughing gas and shisha pipes are of major concern for a professional footballer but the continuous bad publicity has led to the club cracking down on their longest-serving player.

Teale, who played for Villa between 1991 and 1995 also tweeted: “I smoked all my Villa career ...difference is I came out and performed and gave everything I had every game ..and then had another.”

shaun-teale1.jpg
@ShaunTeale

Fellow ex-Villa man Stan Collymore also expressed his thoughts.

He said: “Villa will try to sack Gabby if they can, no doubt. Not an asset anymore and a huge earner. Villa lawyers will be all over it.”

• Like 1

He's already been suspended. There's every chance that resulted in some sort of warning.

I'm sure, outside of gross misconduct which unfortunately this doesn't qualify as I imagine, there are legalities behind sacking a player (as there would be in any company).

Normally it's warnings. Hopefully given his previous antics this season we've issued a couple. That would give us the legal option of sacking him.

That is assuming that 1) footballers have the same rules around sacking as "normal" employees and 2) anyone at our club is competent enough to have followed that line of thinking.

Both are massive assumptions.

He is finished as a "footballer". We all know he isn't the brightest . It is like his one brain cell has imploded. What the hell is he thinking he will achieve by acting like this ? No one will take a chance on him after this .Idiot.

6 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

Think that hes in the first team 10 years now so the club will probably wait a few months and then announce his testimonial game. Nothing would surprise me at this stage

Gabby's testimonial! The upper Trinity won't be the only stand empty.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ooh-Ah said:

Footballers have done far worse things and been given far more chances.

Yeah but that's usually when the footballer in question is good and an asset to the club.

Gabby is neither. He's stealing a living at the moment.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Villaninireland said:

He is finished as a "footballer". We all know he isn't the brightest . It is like his one brain cell has imploded. What the hell is he thinking he will achieve by acting like this ? No one will take a chance on him after this .Idiot.

He won't be short of offers if he were sacked, China, the Middle East leagues, even the MLS would all take him. 

I doubt this will lead to he's sacking but it's definitely the end of the road for him here, I reckon he also knows this hence acting like a prize prick

Edited by Jimzk5

I really hope he is made to play in the final home game, he should be made to play so we can all vent our hatred towards him. I would have him lead the lap of appreciation on full time so every single fan can flip the bird at him and say what they really think of him and a few others. Then sack this word removed the minute the final whistle is blown. Suspending him from the first team is almost what he wants. I want this guy to publicly suffer!

Edited by Mark_1989

7 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

I really hope he is made to play in the final home game, he should be made to play so we can all vent our hatred towards him. I would have him lead the lap of appreciation on full time so every single fan can flip the bird at him and say what they really think of him and a few others. Then sack this word removed the minute the final whistle is blown. Suspending him from the first team is almost what he wants. I want this guy to publicly suffer!

Maybe the Villa fans could sing what the SHA fans sing about him (his mom is a whore etc.) so he knows how much he is despised.

1 minute ago, pacbuddies said:

Maybe the Villa fans could sing what the SHA fans sing about him (his mom is a whore etc.) so he knows how much he is despised.

Gabby agbonlahor he's fat and never scores, gabby agbonlahor he's moms a W____?

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah but that's usually when the footballer in question is good and an asset to the club.

Gabby is neither. He's stealing a living at the moment.

I agree that he's almost certainly finished here but I'd be surprised if he didn't get another chance elsewhere, probably somewhere above his station again.

16 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

I've never rated Gabby ever. I'll be glad when he's gone. But we're not like the unwashed...are we ? You're proposal is I think a tad over the top.The kind of thing they sing at the Sty, is not what I'd like to hear at VP.

• Like 1

Â