Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

I don't have a watch like yours, but it was clearly late. Could've avoided it completely, meaning did it on purpose.

If it was even possible for Gabby to have pulled out of the challenge he would get dogs abuse on here for not being committed. Richardson's sending off was an example of someone who should have pulled out of a challenge, this was not. Gabby deserves criticism sometimes but this certainly isn't one of those occasions and a 60/40 sending off as you put it is madness.

• Like 3

At the game it looked like a poor decision but from the stands you are never 100% sure. Having just watched it on MOTD that is an absolutely diabolical decision and arguably wasn't even a foul by Gabby. If that decision isn't over turned then there is something seriously wrong.

They (Setanta Sport) actually started to justify the decision by saying Villa would be jumping around over that challenge and demanding a red card if it were the other way round. What!? What has that got to do with the incident? The media bias drives me crazy.  Sadly I am not surprised by BL's comments, remember him being quite cheerful when we were battered by Bolton in the league cup semis a few years back.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Always the same old officials doing the same old tricks and scams to protect the top 4 and London clubs...happened against Spurs (London club) and happens here against the most protected team in England Man U..it's the same pattern on repeat year in year out! The staggering thing is how the FA have not been investigated for match rigging still.

Still it'll all balance out over the season  :crylaugh: (as if)

To be honest, I think this kind of stuff is tired garbage.  It always gets trawled out (possibly true in the case of Utd), but the whole "London club" thing is just incorrect.

Even from vague memory, Benteke elbowed some Chelsea player (Azpilicueta?) and didn't get sent off.  Referees just make mistakes sometimes.

" Referees just make mistakes sometimes" you say Bobzy? Well yes they do... the vast majority of which go in favour of the aforementioned clubs year in & year out.. that's the bit which i find concerning i don't dispute they are making mistakes. As for the London thing being garbage? well possibly... it was more the Man u bias i was getting at but we always seem to be on the end of stinking decisions against Spurs recently too that's for sure.. 

Would love to do a proper study of it all i really would but just haven't the time sadly, got better things to do.

Seen it again on MOTD.

Words cannot express how shit of a decision that is.

Agreed.

I don't think I've seen a poorer refereeing decision made.

If I'm honest, at the time I thought it could have been a red.  They both seemed to fly in and it was obvious Agbonlahor had caught Young after Young had won the ball.  However, on replay, it's clear that it's just never a red card.

I think Mason rushed in to it too much because of a] the Man Utd players that surrounded him and b] Young lay crumpled on the floor.  Far too often officials are influenced by these things.

• Like 2

Gabby git sent off because Young was acting like his leg had been shattered. There's no way that was even a yellow card so a red is just ridiculous.

I only half liked Young when he played for us, I can't stand the player now. He was really out to have a go at the Villa yesterday and was lucky not to get booked for challenges he put in after the collision with Gabby.

They (Setanta Sport) actually started to justify the decision by saying Villa would be jumping around over that challenge and demanding a red card if it were the other way round. What!? What has that got to do with the incident? The media bias drives me crazy.  Sadly I am not surprised by BL's comments, remember him being quite cheerful when we were battered by Bolton in the league cup semis a few years back.

Yeah thought that about the Setanta Anal-ysts

They (Setanta Sport) actually started to justify the decision by saying Villa would be jumping around over that challenge and demanding a red card if it were the other way round. What!?

It WAS the other way round, and in fairness to Setanta I was jumping around demanding a red card, Young's challenge was reckless. Having seen a replay, a yellow for Young would probably have been the correct decision. Had Young attempted to win the ball fairly there would have been no foul by either player, he got there first by jumping in. It's a shame, these two are good mates and you'd hope that there'd be a bit more respect.

OMG!! Young jumped in and touched the ball, which resulted in Gabby kicking Young. Of course it hurts when you get a kick/knee to the leg/thigh. It was a 50/50 and if anything, both should have received a yellow for dangerous play. Young for jumping in dangerously, and Gabby for being too late and kicking Young. There was no acting, no intent on hurting each other. Just a good fight for the ball. If Gabby had won it, he would have a chance of running towards goal, so there was no backing down for Young or for Gabby.

• Like 1

Â