Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Gabby signing a contract is fine.

Gabby signing a contract earning 50/60k a week is not fine. That money could go on a much much better player. 

Whether this is a good thing or not all depends on how much of our wage bill he's taking up quite frankly. 

• Like 4

People banging on about this being a bad thing, he's scored a lot of great goals for us, works hard every game and is someone who is well respected in our dressing room. There have been A LOT of players over the last 2 or 3 seasons that have been a lot worse than him. Once upon a time good teams wanted to sign him when he really was on form for us and he said himself he had no interest. I'd be quite disheartened by my great club if they hadn't shown the loyalty to one of our own in the manner that he did for us. Keep it up Gabby, can't wait for your testimonial.

• Like 1

Weekly wage will be the same argument as to how much he is worth, those saying he should be on £30k a week and worth around £5m should open their eyes to what's going in the prem

I'd guess at around £50k a week which is the going rate

Stand by what I've said in here before he's not shit, he's frustrating but he's not shit, I want him to play like he did vs hull every week, I'd take a repeat of his performance at anfield last year before he got injured, he tore them apart, he just can't find consistency

I also think it would surprise some (or maybe they just don't want to admit it) how many opponents seem to respect his pace, watch the line wenger will use in a couple of weeks, always sets his defence out to play gabby, if we had a decent no 10 over the years then the space generated by these lines would have made us a good team, I also agree with those suggesting that he's probably a big character at the club, he's a proper brummie, villa through and through

• Like 2

Weekly wage will be the same argument as to how much he is worth, those saying he should be on £30k a week and worth around £5m should open their eyes to what's going in the prem

I'd guess at around £50k a week which is the going rate

Stand by what I've said in here before he's not shit, he's frustrating but he's not shit, I want him to play like he did vs hull every week, I'd take a repeat of his performance at anfield last year before he got injured, he tore them apart, he just can't find consistency

I also think it would surprise some (or maybe they just don't want to admit it) how many opponents seem to respect his pace, watch the line wenger will use in a couple of weeks, always sets his defence out to play gabby, if we had a decent no 10 over the years then the space generated by these lines would have made us a good team, I also agree with those suggesting that he's probably a big character at the club, he's a proper brummie, villa through and through

£50 is not the going rate for a player who turns it on 5 games a season.

• Like 1

It's amazing how people don't see the effect he has more than his simple goals and assist rates in our team. By having him in our side opponents fear pace and counter attack so sit slightly deeper to defend. Not giving space for him to run into. Which means we can then set up accordingly. Midfield is closer to their defence, we've some guile now with Grealish and Cole. Set piece threat with N'Zogbia, Westwood. Plus Senderos with Vlaar and Benteke or Kozak poses a big danger from set pieces in the box.

If we had no pace threat a defence will play a higher line. Meaning more ground to work through to get to goal.

Gabby is invaluable to us.

Why not let him go and buy a player with pace AND a bit of footballing talent though? Gabby agbonlahor is not the only fast forward on world football. His pace is literally all he has, and he'll have lost plenty of that on 4 years time.

Gabby is not invaluable to us, but a pacy outlet might be. There's just nothing written in stone that it should be a severely limited footballer who performs in about 15% of games over a season

Just because he's signed doesn't mean he's a starting player we are relying on. Good player who could be used well as a squad and impact player and who can play in first team when other players are injured.

We've got to build a good squad not just first team. Fact he is Villa through and through is great too. Not enough players with loyalty nowadays.

• Like 1

Hat-trick against City. :D

Fastest PL hat-trick ever I think was said at the time
Fowler

Wasn't it more remarkable because it was the perfect hattrick? Right leg, left leg, head?

• Like 1

“I have never thought of leaving Aston Villa and the thought of pulling on a different shirt doesn’t feel right.”

Respect Gabby!

Say what you like but for everyone trying to get their heads around why some of us are not disappointed in this news.

This, this and this

Â