Cardiff City

The_Rev

A newly promoted team surely needs to spend more than other teams just to stay in the league.

True but in reality promoted teams usually spend less, so a £30m budget would seem even bigger to a team who have come from the Championship. In fact, I'm struggling to think of a promted club who have spent that much in the summer window...
With the new tv money you'll see more and more, and Southampton probably spent that much in the summer. However, it sounds as though the Cardiff expenditure could reach £50m because of add ons, obviously a lot of money.

Edit: by the summer for Southampton I mean the summer after they came up.

Edited by Rovers13

A newly promoted team surely needs to spend more than other teams just to stay in the league.

True but in reality promoted teams usually spend less, so a £30m budget would seem even bigger to a team who have come from the Championship. In fact, I'm struggling to think of a promted club who have spent that much in the summer window...

Which is why so many teams go straight back down again.

Tan is an absolute word removed. As much as I'd like Cardiff to be my second team, I suspect they'll be relegated if they get rid of Malkay and a couple of pissed off players may leave next month. West Brom just had an easy answer to their manager hunt really.

Which is why so many teams go straight back down again.

Thus Tan has given them a good chance of staying up by allowing the sending that he did.

All because Mackay said if he could, he'd like to improve defence, midfield and attack.

I was watching something on Sky last night and it was said that at the end of the day, you should be worried if your manager isn't identifying potential targets coming into a transfer window. I have to agree, that is his job, just because money has already been spent it doesn't mean you stop looking at ways you can improve.

Disgraceful from the owner with all of this coming out in public though, blatantly been trying to force him out of the club for a while and it seems that he has given up with the hints.

With the new tv money you'll see more and more, and Southampton probably spent that much in the summer. However, it sounds as though the Cardiff expenditure could reach £50m because of add ons, obviously a lot of money.

Bit of a risk though because if they went down they would really be in the shit financially

Bit of a risk though because if they went down they would really be in the shit financially

Not really, the money you get from being in the prem outweighs that spending.

Why the beef with the signings out of interest? Gary Medel was a transfer coup imo, a Chilean with 50 caps and a la Liga regular don't come cheap y'know. Steven Caulker is an excellent young defender and ask any Cardiff fan and the 8m fee has been repaid a million times over with him getting the winner over Swansea. Odmwingie was what 2m.

Only one that hasn't come off yet is that Cornelius beef but overall I'd say Mackay's done fine in the market unless I've missed out anyone significantly.

Who's he going to be bringing in to replace him then? Another friend of his son?

Or maybe cut out the middle man and appoint his son?!

Anyone an Armstrong and Miller fan? I can't help thinking about Tony and Dmitri as I see this bizarre little story unfold.  :huh:

hqdefault.jpg

Thus Tan has given them a good chance of staying up by allowing the sending that he did.
That's the point. Tan didn't allow the spending which is why Ayre lost his job. That's Tan's first moan. The overspend. So they now have a good chance of staying up despite Tan, not because of him. And now he wants rid of the manager who's doing well. Which is his second moan. The man's basically a football fool.

That's the point. Tan didn't allow the spending which is why Ayre lost his job. That's Tan's first moan. The overspend.

So they now have a good chance of staying up despite Tan, not because of him. And now he wants rid of the manager who's doing well. Which is his second moan. The man's basically a football fool.

I see now, thanks for clarifying. It sounds a bit farcical when put like that. I wouldn't automatically assume that they will regress post-Mackay though. It will be interesting to see what type of manager they do go for to replace him.

That's the point. Tan didn't allow the spending which is why Ayre lost his job. That's Tan's first moan. The overspend.

So they now have a good chance of staying up despite Tan, not because of him. And now he wants rid of the manager who's doing well. Which is his second moan. The man's basically a football fool.

Tan didn't allow the spending? I'm sorry but surely he had to sign them off so knew exactly what he was paying?

Â