Cardiff City

The_Rev

I think Solskjaer really made a mess of it when he started to build his own Cardiff. A struggling team in the PL should not sign 3 players from the Norwegian league, a United player who did not deliver after being talked up and a lazy attacker who is on fire once every 7 matches.

He should have gotten experience from the Premier League. Not Norwegian players who had his best friend as agent (Ok, Daehlie was good, but everyone in Norway were shocked by the Jo Inge Berget signing, and we knew that Eikrem also was a gamble with poor odds).

And then he tried to change style to the pass to feet style that struggling team rarely succeed with. Another big mistake.

Cardiff job has Pulis written all over it, surely?

I'm not sure. He undoubtedly did a great job at palace,  but I get the impression from the way he left that he thinks his stock is maybe a lot higher than it should be.

So he probably thinks he is to big for Cardiff.

• 3 weeks later...

Ouch

Cardiff City have finally appointed ex-Leyton Orient boss Russell Slade as their new manager.

Slade, 53, has been helping the Championship club as a consultant since quitting as Orient manager.

The Bluebirds and Slade's former side had been in dispute over his proposed appointment at the Welsh club.

"I'm grateful to Vincent [Tan] for giving me this opportunity as Cardiff City is a fantastic football club," said Slade.

Cardiff owner Vincent Tan said he was "delighted" and called on the club's fans to back Slade, whilst criticising former manager Malky Mackay who he sacked in December 2013.

"Look at Russell's track record. He certainly deserves to be given a chance," said Tan.

"After all, Cardiff gave a chance to a mediocre manager from Watford [Mackay] and he took the Club to the Premier League.

"I did, however, give him a lot of money to spend for that - in fact, too much money."

Edited by av1

Â