Cardiff City

The_Rev

Given how fondly the Cardiff fan's think of mackay, and the protests against the nutter in charge, you feel whoever comes in needs to hit the ground running or it could get very messy down there. Like stoke, one thing cardiff have going for them is a very noisy crowd, lose them and Cardiff would (imo) have every chance of going down.

Since the billionaire owner sacked their first popular manager (Dave Jones), changed the team colours and changed the club badge, crowds have gone up and season ticket sales topped out over 20k.

His plan is to have a brand wearing lucky red called the Dragons that he can sell and franchise throughout Malaysia as their foothold in the Premier League. Cardiff, population 350,000 is a vehicle to sell Premier League in Malaysia, population 28,000,000.

Tan has made his money several ways, he introduced Mcdonalds into Malaysia, he took over the state lottery and he has various sports and gambling interests.

It'll take more than 500 protestors (many in visit Malaysia logo shirts), to convince him he's got it wrong.

Be careful what you wish for.

Given how fondly the Cardiff fan's think of mackay, and the protests against the nutter in charge, you feel whoever comes in needs to hit the ground running or it could get very messy down there. Like stoke, one thing cardiff have going for them is a very noisy crowd, lose them and Cardiff would (imo) have every chance of going down.

Fans are fickle. 

If the new man does well they will be right behind him. Just like what happened at Southampton last season. 

Since the billionaire owner sacked their first popular manager (Dave Jones), changed the team colours and changed the club badge, crowds have gone up and season ticket sales topped out over 20k.

His plan is to have a brand wearing lucky red called the Dragons that he can sell and franchise throughout Malaysia as their foothold in the Premier League. Cardiff, population 350,000 is a vehicle to sell Premier League in Malaysia, population 28,000,000.

Tan has made his money several ways, he introduced Mcdonalds into Malaysia, he took over the state lottery and he has various sports and gambling interests.

It'll take more than 500 protestors (many in visit Malaysia logo shirts), to convince him he's got it wrong.

Interesting POV. I've always thought that his decision to change the colors was down to simple superstition, but...

Interesting POV. I've always thought that his decision to change the colors was down to simple superstition, but...

I think it's a Malaysian superstition not a Taffy one.

I was at a match down in deepest Llanelli today, people there watched the first half (early kick off), then travelled 60 miles over to Cardiff, to pay to get in, to walk out in the 19th minute as part of a protest.

Odd way of protesting, paying your money and walking out, but I'm sure they feel they've done what they can.

I think it's a Malaysian superstition

Chinese.

Â