Cardiff City

The_Rev

in fairness he did give Mackay a load of cash in the summer to spend for a newly promoted team. Im sure they broke their transfer record 3 times and I cant imagine Bellamy and Odemwingie are on low salaries either

Yeah, there is some logic behind the madness, and that article even sheds some light over why they fired their head of recruitment. But the manner of the communications from the owner has been pretty appalling.

I think an often overlooked quality when it comes to owners of football clubs is discreetness. No good ever comes from being a loudmouth.

Think the best is somewhere in the middle, you can be as quiet as you like, but if you **** up the finances, you have no hope.

Bit of an odd comment. All I said was that being discreet was an overlooked quality, not that it was the only quality.

I think an often overlooked quality when it comes to owners of football clubs is discreetness. No good ever comes from being a loudmouth.

What, even if you've broken your leg in a cup final at Wembley?

Apparently mackay has been told to resign or be sacked.

Who's done that?

Dave Whelan?

Apparently mackay has been told to resign or be sacked.

Who's done that?

Dave Whelan?

Really? I'm surprised he's never mentioned it.

• Like 3

It makes you wonder how these morons get enough money to buy a football club in the first place.

By being ruthless but you cant run football clubs the same as you do businesses. It may well backfire on him! Mackay has spent a lot of money though and shouldn't have opened hos moutn about January signings.

Although it is incredibly harsh to force him out, he was given £30m+ in the summer. It was Mackay's choice to spend the bulk of that on three players. He shouldn't expect more money on top of that really.

Isa it's not only that. Tan seemingly thinks they overspent in the summer. Another loony foreign owner with Venky-like delusions about the Premier League.

Isa it's not only that. Tan seemingly thinks they overspent in the summer. Another loony foreign owner with Venky-like delusions about the Premier League.

But £30m over a season is an adequate amount for most teams, especially newly promoted ones. I don't think Mackay can complain about lack of finances after being given that sort of budget.

But £30m over a season is an adequate amount for most teams, especially newly promoted ones. I don't think Mackay can complain about lack of finances after being given that sort of budget.

A newly promoted team surely needs to spend more than other teams just to stay in the league.

Tan seems to be doing most if not all of the complaining though.

Fair enough. I haven't followed the events at Cardiff this season very closely to be honest but it sounds like the relationship between Mackay and Tan is untenable for whatever reason. I thought it was mainly down to financial backing though?

A newly promoted team surely needs to spend more than other teams just to stay in the league.

True but in reality promoted teams usually spend less, so a £30m budget would seem even bigger to a team who have come from the Championship. In fact, I'm struggling to think of a promted club who have spent that much in the summer window...

Edited by Isa

Â