Cardiff City

The_Rev

Reports saying Tan wants OGS as manager. Can't see OGS taking that job...

I doubt Tan has even heard him to be honest.

My paper today said Sir Alex F had advised him not to take the job - as he had previously advised him not to take the Villa job (in both cases on the grounds of owners to be avoided).

Edited by briny_ear

My paper today said Sir Alex F had advised him not to take the job - as he had previously advised him not to take the Villa job (in both cases on the grounds of owners to be avoided).

Shame he couldn't of advised McLeish to have done the same.

I suppose saf knows a thing or two about working with shitty American owners.

From today's Metro. Seems to wacky to be true but thought I'd share.

Cardiff City owner Vincent Tan has already established himself as one of the more colourful foreign owners in English football.But Tan’s strange habits go a lot further than changing the club’s colours and then deciding to hate the manager – after his bizarre transfer plans were revealed.According to reports, Tan has informed Cardiff’s board that he prefers them to buy players with the number eight in their birth date.

Loads of cash in january? You're aware of how the whole malkay situation came about? I see your point though i suppose he cant really lose unless its particularly bad.

Tan just wanted Makay to walk, trying to force his hand with the your not getting a penny to spend statement, he has said since then any new manager will get the cash he wants to keep them up

Edited by Jimzk5

Loads of cash in january? You're aware of how the whole malkay situation came about? I see your point though i suppose he cant really lose unless its particularly bad.

Tan just wanted Makay to walk, trying to force his hand with the your not getting a penny to spend statement, he has said since then any new manager will get the cash he wants to keep them up

Made as much sense as i would expect it too coming from a guy like tan tbf.

A little like when MON walked and Houllier got funds to spend. 

Disappointed in him. And what a dumb choice if true. Not only does the owner suck but once again he has a lot of money at disposal, same as he had over here. Would be much more interesting too see how he would handle stuff like us or wba.

I wonder how he is gonna take the pressure, when he was on a bad run last year it almost got to him and you could see it. The pressure in premier league is like 20x that so that will be interesting. And for a guy like him and how he acts, you would really think the last thing he wanted was someone like Tan, so there has be to an agreement there. Very unlike him. 

does no one else think it's an easy choice for ogs though?

if it starts going pearshaped he has an almost readymade excuse in tan et al. and if tan sacks him he'll be even more minted.

and if it goes well he'll be walking into a big job

Â