Cardiff City

The_Rev

I'm a Canadian, only went to Brum last Nov for the Norwich game for the first time in my life. I "picked" Aston Villa partly because of the fine name. I wouldn't have been half as interested if the club had been called Birmingham Villa. The club have tons of fans who've never set foot in Aston. TRS-T, you're talking out of your arse, quite frankly, and it is getting rather dull to hear you blather on about your cockamamie idea endlessly. No, they shouldn't have changed their name, it's just fine the way it is, they come from Aston, so they're called Aston Villa. What is so difficult to comprehend? strewth, it's like pulling teeth.

I am convinced you have a variety of OCD man.

cities

towns

villages

hamlets

what's the problem with being named after Aston, which is where the team comes from, I simply don't get it. As I said before, not one London team is named London anything. Gawd.

OT but should have called ourselves West Midlands Village :bonk:

That was the first couple of Pro Evo's wasn't it? They had some cracking names on there. I loved the banner in the background of the stadium that read "RUN BOYS RUN!"

The sun is beating down and the wind is shooting through the stadium.

(PES on PS2)

I'm a Canadian, only went to Brum last Nov for the Norwich game for the first time in my life. I "picked" Aston Villa partly because of the fine name. I wouldn't have been half as interested if the club had been called Birmingham Villa. The club have tons of fans who've never set foot in Aston. TRS-T, you're talking out of your arse, quite frankly, and it is getting rather dull to hear you blather on about your cockamamie idea endlessly. No, they shouldn't have changed their name, it's just fine the way it is, they come from Aston, so they're called Aston Villa. What is so difficult to comprehend? strewth, it's like pulling teeth.

I am convinced you have a variety of OCD man.

cities

towns

villages

hamlets

what's the problem with being named after Aston, which is where the team comes from, I simply don't get it. As I said before, not one London team is named London anything. Gawd.

Fair enough but genuine question here.

How many people in Canada know that we are from Birmingham?

How many people in Canada know that Arsenal/Chelsea/Spurs are from London?

question 1: not many

question 2: about the same number to be honest, English footie isn't on many Canadians radar.

How many English people know how many Canadian based teams there are in the NHL?

Most Canadians I know don't know about relegation, don't know there are four tiers, have never heard of a good eighty percent of the teams and are often astonished when I tell them there are over nine pro teams in London. When I mentioned last week to a colleague that there were 92 teams in the league he was astonished.

Most Canadians I know don't know about relegation, don't know there are four tiers, have never heard of a good eighty percent of the teams and are often astonished when I tell them there are over nine pro teams in London. When I mentioned last week to a colleague that there were 92 teams in the league he was astonished.

Haha, Well im Canadian and knew all that.. Course I have lived in the UK since I was 1... So does not really count..

question 2: about the same number to be honest, English footie isn't on many Canadians radar.

How many English people know how many Canadian based teams there are in the NHL?

6. The NHL needs far more Canadian teams. Get rid of nothing franchises like Dallas. They don't really care too much about hockey in Texas. Give us another Ontario team or bring back the Nordiques.

There's quite a few expats living in Toronto. They could tell where most teams are from. :winkold:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Bettmann

that is all.

but yes, you are absolutely right. There needs to be another Quebec team (Nordiques) , a Hamilton team and maybe a maritime team but the fan base out there might be problematic. (small market)

Well here's an example of 1 person who doesn't know how many Canadian teams are in the NHL. :winkold:

6. The NHL needs far more Canadian teams. Get rid of nothing franchises like Dallas. They don't really care too much about hockey in Texas. Give us another Ontario team or bring back the Nordiques.

There's quite a few expats living in Toronto. They could tell where most teams are from. :winkold:

Why not just file for separation and start up a Canadian League instead? Hockey is far more popular up north than in the US and A, so if anything the Americans should be the ones playing in your league, rather than the other way round.

Â