General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

What about Glenn hoddle ??

Im stopping looking at betfair. He has came in from 55 /1 to 5/1 in just 5mins. Somebody knows something or the bookies are laughing their a$$ off at us.

They wouldn't be laughing if everyone was backing and laying properly as the market moves.

Those who bet long on OGS and didnt lay when he was favourite are pretty silly really.

I would love someone in the mould of Rene Girard, as in someone who has worked with a national youth side and could find us a few gems from other countries. Been really impressed with what he's done with Montpellier this season.

I'm just gonna say, if Rafa does come and we only give him £20 million to rebuild the squad and he manages it and keeps us Top 10 the man is a genius.

Well look what Pardew has done with Newcastle, and I don't rate him that highly. I think getting a good scouting system is crucial to the modern game regardless of how much the new manager has to spend.

This isn't going as well as I had anticipated

OGS - No

Lambert - No

Martinez - Probably No

Who does that realistically leave? Rodgers, Poyet or Mick McCarth...

Hoping for Rodgers then, seems a bit doubtful though :(

Don't worry big Alan Curbishley will come to our rescue !!!

Come on Randy Al is the man !

Rafa would be another expensive disaster

Look at the crap job he did at Inter. Yesterday's man, all he cares about is the size of the cheque book. No actual managerial skills

Plus he's a clearing in the woods

My concern with Rafa is the strong links to Liverpool. I can't handle another manager who flirts with other clubs and general blows smokes up their arse. Saying that, I can't imagine OGS would have given the Stretford End the middle finger if he had taken the Villa job. He would have been calling Fergie the gaffer, and talking about how great it is to return to Old Trafford.

Is it too much to ask to get a manager in who has Villa as their number one priority?

Look at John Gregory, not saying I want him back, but he put AVFC number one. Its the same with the players, that’s why we love Laursen, Carew and Mellberg. They all appreciated the support they received from the fans, and didn't live off past glories at old clubs.

Didn't Rafa turn us down last year because of the lack of funding?

So, why would he come this year, when the squad is weaker and the finances are worse?

I don't get, unless I've missed something...

Wages are down on last season in quite a big way and will only lower further and we gave McLeish £20 million, it's not far beyond the realms of possibility that in a rebuild year he's gonna get at least £30-£40 million if not more.

True, however I suspect he'll demand that kind of financial backing every year. We can't keep reducing the wage bill indefinitely so were would the money come from then.

My concern with Rafa is the strong links to Liverpool. I can't handle another manager who flirts with other clubs and general blows smokes up their arse. Saying that, I can't imagine OGS would have given the Stretford End the middle finger if he had taken the Villa job. He would have been calling Fergie the gaffer, and talking about how great it is to return to Old Trafford.

Is it too much to ask to get a manager in who has Villa as their number one priority?

Look at John Gregory, not saying I want him back, but he put AVFC number one. Its the same with the players, that’s why we love Laursen, Carew and Mellberg. They all appreciated the support they received from the fans, and didn't live off past glories at old clubs.

And who is the one ex player in the running - not Grayson - but curbs is our man - he d be great for us !

We had a small squad, now it is even smaller. I dont think RL has anything against splashing out for the right players as long as the wages doesnt go through the roof.

We have a lot of players who needs replacing, squad players and also someone to boss our midfield in Petrovs absence, that is our biggest problem in my opinion...

Didn't rafa just end up buying average pages for big money and high wages?

I think Rafa would just mess us up again for the next one.

Yep!

Can't understand the Rafa love. He bought soooo much shite for Liverpool.

Rafas biggest problem in LFC was that he was given a little less then he wanted so he ended up buying his third and fourth choices all the time according to my friend who is an LFC supporter. I think a lot of LFC supporters wouldnt mind having him back.

I think when its all said and done we could do with a good football manager. Me thinks messers lerner and faulkner should get their fingers out and get one.

None of the candidates are anything special anyway, just bloody pick one and lets get on with it.