General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

I would much prefer Rafa to the likes of Martinez or Di Matteo. Don't see it happening though.

Although YankeeinMadrid did say we have been in contact with him...

Twitter

Matt Smith talkSPORT ‏@VillaMatt

Big rumours doing the rounds Benitez for Villa, just a rumour, I have no facts to back it up at present. #digging

lol whats the point in that.

Im going to do one, big rumours doing the rounds that neil armstrong left a dildo on the moon and it will be the next villa manager. No facts to back it up with.

Clown.

Not one to plug bookies, but why has Rafa came away in on the betting over the past 15mins. Was 36/1 now into 14/1 on Betfair
Please please please please please.

Yep, would be my #1 choice also.

Problem is he would want £20-30m to spend (saying that, whoever is appointed will need that...but wont get it).

Now 10/1

Now 5/1 at Betfred but plenty 20/1 available

This is serious... Has Glenn Hoddle got the job? Does anyone know anything.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Benitez looks a lot like my Dad.

Thats weird he looks like my brother .......

I was dead against last year - but would like him now. A big geezer who doesn't take any cr*p

could his odds be dropping - as Martinez is currently in talks with Pool ?

Didn't Rafa turn us down last year because of the lack of funding?

So, why would he come this year, when the squad is weaker and the finances are worse?

I don't get, unless I've missed something...

Maybe with the wage bill significantly down since then (Cuellar, Beye, Heskey, Guzan, Young x2, Downing) Randy might be putting some money in again?

Martinez is not good enough for liverpool, but he would be a good fit for us at this moment in time.

Hopefully he turns them down and heads our way. We will all have to get over the shock of seeing 4 passes strung together though.

Average possession of Premier League teams this season:

1. Arsenal (59.3%)

2. Man City (58.1%)

3. Chelsea (57.0%)

4. Man Utd (56.9%)

5. Swansea (56.4%)

6. Tottenham (56.1%)

7. Liverpool (55.5%)

8. Fulham (50.1%)

9. Wolves (48.8%)

10. Wigan (48.6%)

11. Newcastle (47.8%)

12. QPR (46.9%)

13. Everton (46.4%)

14. Bolton (45.3%)

15. Aston Villa (45.1%)

16. West Brom (44.8%)

17. Sunderland (44.8%)

18. Norwich (44.5%)

19. Blackburn (42.2%)

20. Stoke (39.4%)

Well there you go, mick mcCarthy does play the passing game after all.

What about Glenn hoddle ??

Im stopping looking at betfair. He has came in from 55 /1 to 5/1 in just 5mins. Somebody knows something or the bookies are laughing their a$$ off at us.

Didn't Rafa turn us down last year because of the lack of funding?

So, why would he come this year, when the squad is weaker and the finances are worse?

I don't get, unless I've missed something...

Wages are down on last season in quite a big way and will only lower further and we gave McLeish £20 million, it's not far beyond the realms of possibility that in a rebuild year he's gonna get at least £30-£40 million if not more.

I would much prefer Rafa to the likes of Martinez or Di Matteo. Don't see it happening though.

Although YankeeinMadrid did say we have been in contact with him...

Twitter

Matt Smith talkSPORT ‏@VillaMatt

Big rumours doing the rounds Benitez for Villa, just a rumour, I have no facts to back it up at present. #digging

Seriously? Come off it...

Keep digging.

Remember the Euros starts June 8th, that also means a lot of players are busy and will have a small vacation after the euros --> less time to negotiate (players wanting to wait til after the euros, agents busy and also wanting to wait, clubs also) and prices inflates if players do well and so on.

We need big changes, players need replacing, time might be important...

I dont want to hear that "yeah, but the players had so little time with the team during pre-season" again.

You're assuming we're going to be signing players who are involved with the Euros?!

I've got it on good authority that we're signing Jermaine Defoe.

Heard that they are going to redecorate his hotel room so he is out, but unfortunately someone has broken one of the chairs and the other chairs are nowhere to be found, but rumours says that one is furthest away in the closet all pinned down by trash from PF office and the last chair is lost in space with Kermit the frog.

It's not at all fair to use that RAWK poll as evidence that most Liverpool fans don't want Martínez.

They are voting for one person who they want as their new manager. On that list are Rafael Benítez, Pep Guardiola, Marcelo Bielsa and Jürgen Klopp, amongst others. Who wouldn't want any of the latter three rather than Martínez, regardless of what you thought of him? And Benítez, of course, is still hugely popular up there.

I'm not saying that every Liverpool fan would be happy with Martínez, but I dare say he'd be welcomed by much more than 1.5% of their fans.