General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Not one to plug bookies, but why has Rafa came away in on the betting over the past 15mins. Was 36/1 now into 14/1 on Betfair
Please please please please please.

Yep, would be my #1 choice also.

Problem is he would want £20-30m to spend (saying that, whoever is appointed will need that...but wont get it).

Now 10/1

Not one to plug bookies, but why has Rafa came away in on the betting over the past 15mins. Was 36/1 now into 14/1 on Betfair

Problem is he would want £20-30m to spend (saying that, whoever is appointed will need that...but wont get it).

That's the thing though, if he was appointed we could probably be sure of there being big money spent in the summer.

That's the thing though, if he was appointed we could probably be sure of there being big money spent in the summer.

I am not so sure he would. Benitez has struggled to get another job since Inter so I wouldn't mind guessing his demands for transfer budgets will have dropped. I just hope ours have risen to where his have dropped to.

Exciting times ahead then :D i just worry for the youth IF he got appointed :cry:

Exciting times ahead then :D i just worry for the youth IF he got appointed :cry:

Id worry for the catering staffs jobs in the Villa Canteen. He would be gone like a shot if something better came along so I think we should stay clear.

Id worry for the catering staffs jobs in the Villa Canteen. He would be gone like a shot if something better came along so I think we should stay clear.

It's going to be fantastic if FSW gets the job, especially when we play Plop and he joins in with, You'll never walk alone with the rest of the bindippers. If you thought Houllier was bad when we played them this bloke will be a lot worse.

Now 10/1

5/1 at BetFred, why is he suddenly being backed?

liverpool fans were on Talksport last night praising rafa for the youth setup they now have, said he put a lot of time into setting up the youth side of things. I guess the money is only really needed intially is his long terms plans for youth work.

Now 10/1

Now 5/1 at Betfred but plenty 20/1 available

Martinez is not good enough for liverpool, but he would be a good fit for us at this moment in time.

Hopefully he turns them down and heads our way. We will all have to get over the shock of seeing 4 passes strung together though.

Average possession of Premier League teams this season:

1. Arsenal (59.3%)

2. Man City (58.1%)

3. Chelsea (57.0%)

4. Man Utd (56.9%)

5. Swansea (56.4%)

6. Tottenham (56.1%)

7. Liverpool (55.5%)

8. Fulham (50.1%)

9. Wolves (48.8%)

10. Wigan (48.6%)

11. Newcastle (47.8%)

12. QPR (46.9%)

13. Everton (46.4%)

14. Bolton (45.3%)

15. Aston Villa (45.1%)

16. West Brom (44.8%)

17. Sunderland (44.8%)

18. Norwich (44.5%)

19. Blackburn (42.2%)

20. Stoke (39.4%)

What happened to the vibrant, inspirational, reinvigorating stuff? Benitez has his good points and may or may not be a potential target, but unless my memory of his Liverpool days is faulty he fits none of the above criteria.

Can't see him being considered against a background of cost cutting etc. etc.

I would much prefer Rafa to the likes of Martinez or Di Matteo. Don't see it happening though.

Although YankeeinMadrid did say we have been in contact with him...

Twitter

Matt Smith talkSPORT ‏@VillaMatt

Big rumours doing the rounds Benitez for Villa, just a rumour, I have no facts to back it up at present. #digging

Martinez in Miami talking to Liverpools owners according to Dave Whelan

Fair to say that's the best news of the day

As for rafa (FSW) he won't come unless theres 40m to spend