General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

I never defended McLeish

I just didn't jump on the vile personal insult bus

Yes you did. After the Fulham win you were talking about the green shoots of recovery, about him turning it around and about how it had shut his critics up.

Now come on, fulham was his finest moment, 3 subs all featuring in the goal

But, when he then defaulted to 7 defenders in the starting XI you won't find any support from me

I did take offence to the personal abuse though, I admit that and standby it too

Hi all from Brisbane. Carrying on the left field suggestions, what about Nigel Clough? Would fit the boards requirements and always seems to get his teams playing decent stuff.

laughing.jpg

Well judging by your previous posts you are resigned to KMac, Grayson or Mad Mick. I would take NC over any of those to be honest!!

haha. It was a joke.

Thank you for reading my posts.

That's ok! Am new on VT so trying to "get to know" people on here!

It was just banter. Wasn't intended to offend. Welcome.

None taken and thanks! It can't really be any of those can it!!

Why are so many people on twatter putting up "no rush, get the right man". Forgive me if I'm a bit hesitent here, but haven't we got a bare bones shit squad that needs totally reshaking? And at least half a new staff to bring in? Time isn't on our sodding side that's for sure!

Agreed!

I think i am right in saying most players contracts & many holidays end in June so we need to have someone in place by then surely? The thing that worries me is if we get another "i will asses the squad this summer" speech as this has been a major hindrance over the last 2 summers already

De ja Vu or what :(

I never defended McLeish

I just didn't jump on the vile personal insult bus

Yes you did. After the Fulham win you were talking about the green shoots of recovery, about him turning it around and about how it had shut his critics up.

Now come on, fulham was his finest moment, 3 subs all featuring in the goal

But, when he then defaulted to 7 defenders in the starting XI you won't find any support from me

I did take offence to the personal abuse though, I admit that and standby it too

The fact that a scrappy 1-0 win over Fulham was his finest moment says it all.

There was hardly any personal abuse.

Let's get Dunga and a ****-tonne of Brazilian players we've never heard of, just for the laughs.

Didnt you get the memo? Brazil is keeping all their talents for themselves until they have hosted the fifa 2014 world cup.

But Dunga can build on what we have now with some needed investments and add some flair after the world cup.

But Dunga is known for a defencive style of football, i believe he is critisized for it in Brazil? (i guess thats defencive according to Brazilian standards though)

I think Poyet will flunk the interview (if indeed he's having one)

Genuine concern

Do you think he might accidentally refer to Randy's ethnic origins a few times, and call PF a ginger tosser by mistake? Don't worry I'm sure his mate Suarez will advise him on how to make friends by saying all the right things. :lol:

Genuine concern

Do you think he might accidentally refer to Randy's ethnic origins a few times, and call PF a ginger tosser by mistake? Don't worry I'm sure his mate Suarez will advise him on how to make friends by saying all the right things. :lol:

He'll go to shake Faulkners hand then pull out

Genuine concern

Is that a polite reach-around??

Genuine concern

Joking aside I think Poyet's an interesting shout, but he does have a temper that RL/PF will be aware of.

Remember the Euros starts June 8th, that also means a lot of players are busy and will have a small vacation after the euros --> less time to negotiate (players wanting to wait til after the euros, agents busy and also wanting to wait, clubs also) and prices inflates if players do well and so on.

We need big changes, players need replacing, time might be important...

I dont want to hear that "yeah, but the players had so little time with the team during pre-season" again.

Remember the Euros starts June 8th, that also means a lot of players are busy and will have a small vacation after the euros --> less time to negotiate (players wanting to wait til after the euros, agents busy and also wanting to wait, clubs also) and prices inflates if players do well and so on.

I dont want to hear that "yeah, but the players had so little time with the team during pre-season" again.

You're assuming we're going to be signing players who are involved with the Euros?!

That is so funny, in a dark and politically incorrect sort of way ha ha. You're a candidate for "Post of the Day"! Nice one.

Very much this! The lack of a pre-season cannot be used at all. RL and PF knew that AM was going to need to be replaced, so hopefully we can get this sorted fairly sharpest in order to give our new manager as much time as possible to ship out the deadwood and start to bring in a couple of new players of his liking.

On the RAWK site they have done a poll on who they would like as manager. Martinez has got an impressive 1.5% of the vote. They are not happy.

God they are such a bunch of thick, uninformed, delusional, blinkered c***s.

Rafa favourite by a mile. I'm just **** surprised Kenny isn't back on the list as second favourite, followed by Cilla, Sinbad from Brookside and the man from Bread that said 'Greetings.'