General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Is this talk of an annoucement false? Just wondered where people are getting this from?

It was touted when we were in for OGS, that is no longer the case unless Poyet talks which are "apparently" today are really advanced talks and it'll be settled quickly.

Of only 1.5% of scousers want martinez - I reckon he won't get the job (yes i know Mcleish etc)

I don't rate him that much - but think he would be there for the taking - if we want him - if he stays at Wigan he will either get relegated - or will be viewed as a guy thats happy to stay at wigan.

Gus Poyet I would like - if only to see him boss Faulkner around.

Barring a massive upturn in fortunes next season - I don't really see lerner being here that much longer - hes totally out of his depth - and doesn't seem to have the available hours to manage the club.

Come back TheTrees, all is forgiven...

Cant really believe that some people blame TheTrees for the OGS thing and for the betting as well.

I loved the plane stories from TheTrees.

So, TheTrees, please keep us posted.

Jesus, all this talk about there being "no rush" and not to expect any news til next week (and on and on). I'd pay 50 quid just to have them hurry the hell up. My work productivity is at an all-time low.

And that is saying something!

friedel said pretty much the same thing when he left.

Did he? I remember him praising Randy.

He wanted to get a 2 year contract we only offered 1 year. Plus Spurs were/are more successful at the time.

he left with a statement saying it was his time to move on, then was quoted in an interview saying it was hard to stay at villa when there are problems inside the club.

We just simply have to get this managerial appointment right.

Lambert or Rodgers for me of those linked to the vacancy. I do like Martinez to as I think he has more than shown that he will not crack when the pressure is really cranked up. The other good thing is that he has great knowledge of Spanish & Central American Football so he could potentially find us some absolute gems at bargain basement prices. Tactically he is sound & he totally flummoxed the Premier League with his inspired 3 4 3 formation last season, just ask Fergie, Whinger & Dalglish!

Rodgers & Lambert are better at developing British players & as that is what most of our current squad predominantly is I believe either choice would be ideal.

friedel said pretty much the same thing when he left.

Did he? I remember him praising Randy.

He wanted to get a 2 year contract we only offered 1 year. Plus Spurs were/are more successful at the time.

he left with a statement saying it was his time to move on, then was quoted in an interview saying it was hard to stay at villa when there are problems inside the club.

That was a dig at the players and Houllier. He praised Lerner and "Mr Faulkner"

Cant really believe that some people blame TheTrees for the OGS thing and for the betting as well.

Really, I can't believe that people gave him a hard time. Has TheTrees stopped posting info?

TheTrees' information was spot on, he can't be held responsible for someone else having a change of heart. That is ridiculous. As always the minority spoil it for the majority. I echo JohnJohn2's point, please keep posting info.

Really, I can't believe that people gave him a hard time. Has TheTrees stopped posting info?

TheTrees' information was spot on, he can't be held responsible for someone else having a change of heart. That is ridiculous. As always the minority spoil it for the majority. I echo JohnJohn2's point, please keep posting info.

Utter morons if that's the case. The guy posts info when he doesn't have to and he gets lambasted when his info was actually spot on.

I'm joining you and logging out for the foreseeable, lest I become one of the bickerers (which I probably am)

Boys and girls, I am sorry that OGS didn't come, it would have been a nice swan song.

Richard, if a I knew you and I saw you out, I'd buy you a pint.

Thanks to those who sent me nice PMs

And thanks to the mods, even you Trent!

Ta ta

Not one to plug bookies, but why has Rafa came away in on the betting over the past 15mins. Was 36/1 now into 14/1 on Betfair
Please please please please please.

Yep, would be my #1 choice also.

Problem is he would want £20-30m to spend (saying that, whoever is appointed will need that...but wont get it).

Martinez is not good enough for liverpool, but he would be a good fit for us at this moment in time.

Hopefully he turns them down and heads our way. We will all have to get over the shock of seeing 4 passes strung together though.