General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Put it this way AVB at his worst a 36% win ratio at Académica would have got us close to the Top 6 last season.. If Benitez came and equalled his worst win % of 40% which was at his first ever managerial job at Extremadura we'd possibly be pushing Top 4 given other teams stay about their current standard or drop off a bit.. If he came here and matched his best a 55% win ratio we could rival the top teams in the league.. Now that is all hypothetical, but given Benitez at his worst is better than most managers we should be going for him..

The only thing going for Rafa IMO, is that he isn't Mcleish.

I'd take Rodgers over him in a heart beat.

that is just mental speak......... ill take that comment serious when Rodgers has won what Rafa has....... Rodgers has done **** all in comparison..........

Rafa is a cheque book manager, just like MON and IMO he is the last thing we need at Villa Park at this moment in time.

What we need is a manager who can turn Villa around on a budget, whilst optimising our current resources. Which a Lambert or a Rodgers could do.

Per Kendrick - no villa contact, for poyet, Martinez, or Lambert.

Doesn't say anything about Curbishley though !!! :lol::lol:

Wtf are they doing man? Are they chilling out because we've got a bit of good weather for once? Wonder if we have contacted anyone bar OGS. I'm struggling to think of many more, fresh, gettable managers than those three.

if Randy throws 30m at the transfer budget and we have Benitez as manager i will jizz my pants

Just a little note, jizzing in your pants may become a little less exciting once you have given up your right bollock after the appointment of Benitez.

if Randy throws 30m at the transfer budget and we have Benitez as manager i will jizz my pants

Just a little note, jizzing in your pants may become a little less exciting once you have given up your right bollock after the appointment of Benitez.

:D

noted

Doesn't say anything about Curbishley though !!! :lol::lol:

Wtf are they doing man? Are they chilling out because we've got a bit of good weather for once? Wonder if we have contacted anyone bar OGS. I'm struggling to think of many more, fresh, gettable managers than those three.

Like I said earlier, they might be looking for manager outside The Mist Islands.

Rafa would be good but really can't see it happening, would want a lot of money and doesn't really fit in with the infamous "vibrant" policy.

Still hoping that they have approached someone off the radar, who will be a perfect match. Someone able to attract good name signings, have an excellent scouting record, good at intrigating the youth and plays attacking possession football....well we can dream.

I would be happy with Benitez, i guess he might feel he has something to prove also having lost his last jobs. He might be able to attract some players to sign for us also.

Wasn't Benitez too defensive in the Premier league matches for L'pool, and more adventurous in his tactics when it came to playing the continental teams in the CL?

villa can't afford to buy 50 players in the hope 4 will be world class like Rafa did.

what manager is immune to buying shit?

every manager buys there fair share of turds....

if Randy throws 30m at the transfer budget and we have Benitez as manager i will jizz my pants...

if he is backed he would get us a trophy within 4 years IMO

Not only that, he managed to turn a profit on most of his buys, even a lot of the ones who didn't cut it.

If he had been given £120m he would not have wasted it on Carroll, Downing, Henderson etc, that is for sure.

Where has Kendrick stated this? Havent seen it on his twitter.

Per Kendrick is Matt Kendrick's Swedish cousin.