Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

Few sky sports news presenters sounding it out now.

Simon Thomas ‏@SimonThomasSky

So sounds like PL is off. Gt shame but sadly inevitable. When the dust settles I'll remember him as the manager who helped pull #NCFC >

Simon Thomas ‏@SimonThomasSky

back from the brink & gave us three unforgettable seasons. I wish him well - but not too well. #OTBC @NorwichCityFC

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lambert was my initial choice though I'll admit to getting a bit wrapped up in the Solksjaer thing.

Now it's looking like Lambert will be our manager I am very happy. Definitely a better choice than Rodgers or Martinez.

Hopefully we can look forward to good football, passion for the shirt and maybe a few home wins next year!

Essentially what I was going to type, so I will be lazy and just say THIS!!!

OGS was probably the most exciting one, AVB the dream, but Lambert is probably the safest and best option for us right now. I hope this comes through.

Couple of things that are getting on my nerves from the fall out of Lambert. Number 1; We have not offered anyone the job yet. Can people in the media /fans of other clubs, STOP saying the job was offered to OGS / Martinez before Lambert?! Secondly; People really need to stop speculating on what Lambert (or who ever gets the job) has to do for next season. No one has any idea what Mr Learner's plans are, so I fail to see how anyone can say accurately that the next manager will have X budget, or need to ship out X player, before they can rebuild.

I find it very disrespectful that we are written off, on the back of a bad season, and that we're now some kind of poison chalice. We're Aston Villa Football Club for God's sake! To paraphrase Ron Burgundy, we're kind of a big deal. Anyone who can't see that there are fewer bigger jobs in English football, doesn't deserve to know haw good it could be.

Couple of things that are getting on my nerves from the fall out of Lambert. Number 1; We have not offered anyone the job yet. Can people in the media /fans of other clubs, STOP saying the job was offered to OGS / Martinez before Lambert?! Secondly; People really need to stop speculating on what Lambert (or who ever gets the job) has to do for next season. No one has any idea what Mr Learner's plans are, so I fail to see how anyone can say accurately that the next manager will have X budget, or need to ship out X player, before they can rebuild.

I find it very disrespectful that we are written off, on the back of a bad season, and that we're now some kind of poison chalice. We're Aston Villa Football Club for God's sake! To paraphrase Ron Burgundy, we're kind of a big deal. Anyone who can't see that there are fewer bigger jobs in English football, doesn't deserve to know haw good it could be.

Don't know why you bother with message boards mate lol

All I hope he does not bring Grant Holt!

Yes it would be disgraceful if he brought in someone who scored 17 premier league goals in his previous season. I mean how would poor Emile feel if he was replaced by someone who could actually find the back of the net?

I would probably agree with that, both very good though. Something about Rogers rubs me the wrong way, don't know if it's that smug smile or what but there's something. Clearly I let my feelings cloud my judgement if I don't want someone as our manager because of his smug smile. Nonetheless if it is Lamber Im a happy chap

All I hope he does not bring Grant Holt!

Yes it would be disgraceful if he brought in someone who scored 17 premier league goals in his previous season. I mean how would poor Emile feel if he was replaced by someone who could actually find the back of the net?

:lol:

I like Lambert. However i have my concerns.

His transfers for Norwich and previous clubs have always been lower league English Players.

That may be ok for low league sides.. but if you want to compete in the Premier League.. you have to buy some foreigners. Unless you do a MON and pay overs for overrated English players.

He needs to change his style and dip into the European Market. Does he have the connections from his Dortmund role to scout these players?

Thats my concern. Not enough good English players around to build a top quality side.. especially as all the big clubs have the better ones.

Lambert was my number 1 choice before I got caught up in the OGS hype. He is clearly a very good manager with a fantastic record so far. Let's hope he continues his winning ways here.

Help me out here.

I know a little bit about Martinez: his playing style, his control over the club from youth to first team, his working with Swansea(?) before Wigan, his loyalty to his club.

I know bugger all about Lambert. Can somebody give me an overview?

I wonder if Holt handed in the transfer request because the Paul Lambert to Villa thing was done and dusted a while ago and Holt also wants to join the mighty Aston Villa. Let's face it, we give England their playing squad don't we? And Holt will soon be joining the squad once he signs for us!!

If it comes off, and they can't all be wrong can they (the press)? Very, very pleased with Paul Lambert.

One thing that I always found quite funny about Lambert is the fact that his Colchester team absolutely smashed Norwich 7-1 then about a week later he became Norwich manager. Coincidentally, he quit Colchester after being refused permission to speak to Norwich.

Also, I was at the Norwich game on the last day of the season and when some of the Villa fans were singing "Paul Lambert's claret & blue army" he apparently acknowledged? I personally didn't see him do this but I heard people around me saying that he had. Obviously this post doesn't really mean anything, I just felt like typing it!

Could be a very interesting day today if last nights rumours are officially confirmed. Go get him Randy!

I think it is wrong to think Lambert is someone who is just a scrapper who makes lower league standard players better.

He does know the foreign market and appreciates European football. He took all of his coaching badges in Germany so he must think highly of their methods. It would have been much easier for him to do all that stuff here but he chose to go abroad.

I think he will be great.

I like Lambert. However i have my concerns.

His transfers for Norwich and previous clubs have always been lower league English Players.

That may be ok for low league sides.. but if you want to compete in the Premier League.. you have to buy some foreigners. Unless you do a MON and pay overs for overrated English players.

He needs to change his style and dip into the European Market. Does he have the connections from his Dortmund role to scout these players?

Thats my concern. Not enough good English players around to build a top quality side.. especially as all the big clubs have the better ones.

Well considering the budgets he was working with, what other choice did he have?