Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh interesting tweets from Peter Lansley - Midlands reporter for the Times...

peter lansley ‏@LansleyTimes

Paul Lambert walks out on #ncfc after bust up on being refused permission to talk to #avfc who will now look to appoint him as new manager

2h peter lansley peter lansley ‏@LansleyTimes

@Ste_Healy Permission being sought....

View conversation

3h peter lansley peter lansley & @LansleyTimes

@TpkeVillan @villahatesme Unless Martinez didn't want to lose face with Whelan and Wigan....

5h peter lansley peter lansley & @LansleyTimes

Lambert looking set fair for #avfc. Was also favourite on Day1 post McLeish

I do hope so. We seemed to have dallied on this one for a while, for me he has always been the obvious choice. I'm not going to get too excited until I see something official but I really do feel he's the right man at the right time and I hope this comes off.

I'm ITK - lambert has walked out on Norwich after not being allowed to talk to us - making it quicker to appoint him.

But with all due respect Pilchard - your ITK doesn't add up with the fact that someone from Norwich end told people Lambert's 2nd interview

would be tomorrow a week ago....

Unless of course Lambert told Villa he couldn't speak to them until tomorrow and that's how the Norwich person knew?

And also thinking about it WAS the accountant from Gillingham telling the truth with his bit of ITK... had a contract been drawn up?

That said .... this is football and things can change ....

so maybe Norwich board are trying to pull the plug now it's all going public and Lambert has had no choice but to walk..

Hmmmm could get interesting.