Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just went in the lift at work and saw somebody I'd never spoke to before holding a Villa mug. I said, 'Have you heard about Lambert? He's quit Norwich.'

He replied, 'Yeah? I don't know why. He scored loads for them and they're probably going down now. We don't need him.'

I don't know what he thought I said. Probably won't talk to him again.

EDIT: Oh god, what if he's a VTer? Erm, he wasn't holding a mug, he was wearing a villa hat.

I have one YAY! and one BOO! about all of this.

My YAY - We're getting Lambert!!! :clap::cheers::cheers::cheers:

My BOO - Really don't like the way he has just walked out, I fear he may do that to us. But for now... who cares :cheers::cheers::cheers:

I just went in the lift at work and saw somebody I'd never spoke to before holding a Villa mug. I said, 'Have you heard about Lambert? He's quit Norwich.'

He replied, 'Yeah? I don't know why. He scored loads for them and they're probably going down now. We don't need him.'

I don't know what he thought I said. Probably won't talk to him again.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Knowledgeable chap then!

Surprisingly not on either of the Norwich message boards yet, went on there expecting Meltdown and seems they aren't aware yet

They are probably still waiting for the Sun website to load up on theor 56k modems out there...

What's the equivilent of ITSOTP for a manager, not a player?

HASIFOTH

Holding A Shirt In Front Of The Holte?

God dang, I worked that out really quickly! Pass me The Da Vinci Code...

Surprisingly not on either of the Norwich message boards yet, went on there expecting Meltdown and seems they aren't aware yet

They are probably still waiting for the Sun website to load up on theor 56k modems out there...

I would'nt trust them new fangled things. I'd much rather wait for the town cryer to update me on what's happening.

All I hope he does not bring Grant Holt!

Yes it would be disgraceful if he brought in someone who scored 17 premier league goals in his previous season. I mean how would poor Emile feel if he was replaced by someone who could actually find the back of the net?

this

Anyone else feel the board have waited to move on PL to let the OGS hype could die down a bit?

If we made the move for Lambert a week ago i'd have been quite disheartened.... though i'm extremely excited now.

Very happy with this - feels like a lower risk than some of the names mentioned while still having lots of potential upside.

He is the man to get good players playing like great players. Exactly what we need right now.

MON did this too just unfortunate that he paid them like great players.

Hopefully Randy backs him this summer to build the squad as he sees fit.

As before priorities are.

Solid ball playing DM

Winger - who is actually good.

Brand new defence.

All I hope he does not bring Grant Holt!

Yes it would be disgraceful if he brought in someone who scored 17 premier league goals in his previous season. I mean how would poor Emile feel if he was replaced by someone who could actually find the back of the net?

this

Holt is too old. Villa needs invigorating and signing 30+ one hit premiership wonders who want to quit their current club because they want big money is not the way forward.

There was a reason why Woy took Carroll to the Euros and not Grant Holt.