Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

If it didnt effect our transfer budget and we bought Holt in for £3/4m I dont really see the problem in it. Ok he's had only one season in the prem but he has carried on scoring goals like he has pretty much all his career. To compare him to Heskey is unfair, Heskey had about one season where he was prolific, he has nearly always struggled to score goals. Holt wont command wages like Heskey either.

We may have Bent but look what happened he got injured.

Agreed but i think gabby and bent can do the job without us spending too much money on the front line... Other positions come first. Also i think everyone on here talking 2-4m for a striker thats the second highest english goalscorer this season (behind rooney) and was linked heavily with the euro 2012 squad... IS having a serious laugh.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

110 Pages since I logged on yesterday evening, what have I missed?

This thread started back in April after the Bolton game so we haven't had 110 pages over night :P

It sounds plausable that Lambert has been our first choice from the beginning, ever since the owners decided to change mangers after the Bolton debacle.

Also just to add to my post on the previous page ... last night I gleaned these tweets from a Sports Agent about Lambert before news broke he'd walked.

Seems like Villa were sounding out representatives of managers BEFORE McLeish got the push!

James Henry Cross ‏@SportsAgentJHC

had pushed McLeish having been encouraged by feedback about the job from Lamberts camp. Now depends on agreement between clubs

James Henry Cross ‏@SportsAgentJHC

Not between the clubs, but when I first heard about Mcleish going about 3 weeks ago It was Lambert they had sounded out and..

Everyone going on about how Lambert shouldn't do this and shouldn't sign this player, just get over yourselves. Give the man a chance, he's not even manager yet and you're already having a moan.

I hope Lambert comes, as someone else stated, he's seemingly a lower risk candidate than most of the other names we're seeing and with just as much (if not more) potential. Above all, he seems a born winner.

As for those people saying what if he walks out on us. Well walking could be seen as a more honest thing to do than hanging around looking to pick up a fee. Apart from Martinez, I can't think of any other managers turning down bigger clubs ever. It's a fact of life and if he gets us up to 6th and in 4 years we are a victim of our own success, so be it. We will be in a better position to recruit another new manager

Delighted for 3 reasons -

1) We could be appointing a very young and hungry manager who can only improve on his already impressive start to his managerial career.

2) I put a lovely £10 on him at 5/1

3) This has made "Wiz" look a right tit

Calm down about potential strikers. We still don't actually have a manager yet.

One thing of concern is that Lambert has now thrown his toys out of the pram and quit on two clubs in a row.

Will we be number 3?

Is it true that he has quit norwich... ? Sounds like a speculated rumour to me. However SSN did say he had a Fallout with the board wednesday.

Well one of the ITK'S on here - who has access to a Norwich board member - has said yes this has happened. - I beleive that part.

What I am dreading is Randy jetting back to the states - leaving it in Faulkners 'capable' hands:-

"Randy - Paul here, couldn't get paul lambert to sign - but that Mccarthy fella's still keen" :cry:

Ahhh i see... Hmm. Irrelevant of whether he has quit or not we'll have to pay a fair amount of compo to see him come to us as what happend with the mcleish saga. And hahaa dont mention muck mccarthys name not now we have a decent manager to interview... but i agree with PF anything is possible :(

There was a reason why Woy took Carroll to the Euros and not Grant Holt.

Not wanting to get into an England debate, but that is flawed logic unless you can explain why 'Woy' has taken Jordan Henderson or Stuart Downing over anyone?

Downing is still the best english left winger and has international experience which is why he was taken. I dont think there is anything wrong with taking him and Henderson is not in the squad.

........ Ashley Young?

If we brought Saha in on a free as back up to Bent and Gabby as 'Richard' suggested in another thread then that would be our front line sorted for next season and we could then concentrate our available budget on the midfield and full back area which is sorely needed.

Or we could sell Gabby, use the revenue from Gabby's sale to bring in Defoe and have Weiman and Saha as our back up strikers which i have suggested in another thread.

We don't need Holt.

Yeah I agree. A goal scoring striker, **** that shit. Get them as far away from villa par as poss, we hate scoring goals.

We have one already in Darren Bent he is our main striker.

Weimann etc are also options.

Holt will be a waste of money and I don't think we have much to play with anyway.. if he comes fair enough but I believe we other pressing matters (midfield and defence)

Yeah true, I forgot that you only need one striker, and weiman scores goals for fun. What a wally I was for suggesting to build a squad with different attacking options. Silly really.

Lambert was a very good defencive mid as a player so lets hope he is good at spotting one. That is the position we are weakest in now Petrov is out.

Or he gets Chris Herd to up his Game

We don't need Holt.

Yeah I agree. A goal scoring striker, **** that shit. Get them as far away from villa par as poss, we hate scoring goals.

We have one already in Darren Bent he is our main striker.

Weimann etc are also options.

Holt will be a waste of money and I don't think we have much to play with anyway.. if he comes fair enough but I believe we other pressing matters (midfield and defence)

Yeah true, I forgot that you only need one striker, and weiman scores goals for fun. What a wally I was for suggesting to build a squad with different attacking options. Silly really.

Your Sarcasm has me cracking up here hahahaa

There was a reason why Woy took Carroll to the Euros and not Grant Holt.

Not wanting to get into an England debate, but that is flawed logic unless you can explain why 'Woy' has taken Jordan Henderson or Stuart Downing over anyone?

Downing is still the best english left winger and has international experience which is why he was taken. I dont think there is anything wrong with taking him and Henderson is not in the squad.

No, since he swapped his claret n blue shirt for that red rag he's been crap. Not a patch on his last 2 season at Villa...I'm glad its all going so well for him, the glory hunting bastard!

£20m!!! Bite Kenny's arm off!!!

Rumours on twitter............... I know...I know...

Is that Lambert WAS given permission to speak to Villa by Norwich (backs up scheduled meeting planned for today)....but they went back on the agreement and withdrew permission yesterday. Lambert was not well chuffed.....

So he walked!