• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OGS was nailed last week.

Last night it was Martinez.

Tonight it's Lambert time.

Of those three, I'd say Lambert is the best fit for us. Probably the least imaginative, but the most likely to do decently well.

Don't know about the Sun but Peter Laneley, The Times has tweeted about it. Can't short link from my phone, sorry

Here you go.

Paul Lambert walks out on #ncfc after bust up on being refused permission to talk to #avfc who will now look to appoint him as new manager

— Pete Lansley (@PeteLansley)

May 30, 2012

Given his contract is supposed to run out today, there is always the scenario that he's not "quit" he's just let his contract run out (although NCFC must be mental if they had a rolling contract that didn't have provision to give notice of non-renewal).

Sky now saying Norwich wouldn't let PL talk to Villa because we're "not big enough". At least the journalist doing the papers has just said that we ARE a bigger club.

Given his contract is supposed to run out today, there is always the scenario that he's not "quit" he's just let his contract run out (although NCFC must be mental if they had a rolling contract that didn't have provision to give notice of non-renewal).

Sky now saying Norwich wouldn't let PL talk to Villa because we're "not big enough". At least the journalist doing the papers has just said that we ARE a bigger club.

He is on a rolling contract. It does not run out.

Wasn't he out of contract ?

No!! please read one of the many posts that explain what a rolling 12 month contract is.

I like Lambert. However i have my concerns.

His transfers for Norwich and previous clubs have always been lower league English Players.

That may be ok for low league sides.. but if you want to compete in the Premier League.. you have to buy some foreigners. Unless you do a MON and pay overs for overrated English players.

He needs to change his style and dip into the European Market. Does he have the connections from his Dortmund role to scout these players?

Thats my concern. Not enough good English players around to build a top quality side.. especially as all the big clubs have the better ones.

KSV? Are you serious? Do you think that A, Norwich had the money to shop in the top leagues of the world? B, That even if they did that Norwich were a big enough draw for those type of players?

We all know the struggle Villa have acquiring good players so how do you expect Norwich to fair?

If he is our new manager then I expect he will shop where the market allows him to, if RL were to give him 50m to spend I would expect 1 or 2 top draw sign's along with some "journey men" and some with potential.

If however it were 10m then he will have to work his butt off and that may mean he has to find some gems from the lower leagues but this isn't a fault or a worry of his making but something he will have to deal with.