Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

Indeed. Even at this stage I think I'm going to stick my neck out and say, "Welcome Paul"

I want it publically on record that I have never uttered those words!

This IS Villa after all!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if Lambert walking out on Norwich after a storming row...fits MM's description of "twists, turns and drama and expect the unexpected"

comment from yesterday?

Unless of course it's a planned walk out/row - just to save Norwich's blushes that they've actually accepted the compensation gleefully?

So that they can say categorically to their fans they fought as hard as they could to keep him....bla bla bla

Hmmmmm :detect:

Months ago, when it was clear that there was no way that we would keep McLeish, my mind was made up that I wanted Paul Lambert. Even through all the Solskjaer stuff, I was still hoping that Lambert would be the man. I'm not getting my hopes up just yet BUT if he has actually quit then it shows how keen he is to come to us.

I wonder if Lambert walking out on Norwich after a storming row...fits MM's description of "twists, turns and drama and expect the unexpected"

comment from yesterday?

Unless of course it's a planned walk out/row - just to save Norwich's blushes that they've actually accepted the compensation gleefully?

So that they can say categorically to their fans they fought as hard as they could to keep him....bla bla bla

Hmmmmm :detect:

To be honest it doesn't really fit in with MM's statement at all. Lambert has seemingly been moving closer and closer to the Villa job over the past 12 hours and Lambert has always been the firm favourite for the Villa job pre and post OGS. That said, there have been so many contradictory things flying around these past few weeks and it does indeed appear as if Lambert will be our new manager.

Months ago, when it was clear that there was no way that we would keep McLeish, my mind was made up that I wanted Paul Lambert. Even through all the Solskjaer stuff, I was still hoping that Lambert would be the man. I'm not getting my hopes up just yet BUT if he has actually quit then it shows how keen he is to come to us.

^^^ This!!!

Well, he's not my ideal appointment. I would have preferred OGS or Martinez, or someone who played a purer kind of passing attacking football.

But I think it's a good, solid appointment, and I can see why the board has gone for him. I don't think too many people will be upset by it, and I can see him doing a decent job with us. I also think he at least likes to attack, even if he plays in a more mixed kind of style.

100000000% improvement on the appointments of McLeish and even Houllier though. Interesting times ahead.

Oh, forgot to put this out there: Chuffed to little bits if we get Paul Lambert. He will be the right man at the right time for the Villa. Still, knowing football state of affaira, this club and life in general, there's no way I'm gonna go bananas over this before he actually is OTOSHAVS.