Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who says Mark Hughes was overlooked? Mark Hughes thought he was going to Chelsea

As I understand it Mark Hughes was sounded out for the Villa job but he had far too many demands and was not liked by the powers that be at Villa because of his personality.

Another inept Norwich dispaly, thats almost 3 months of Shite from Lambert

Please Lord keep him away from my club

I'm getting sick of this. Lambert has done an incredible job at Norwich. Just who would you like at that is actually a realistic target?

Getting sick of what ? That I don't agree with you, Good ? keep getting sick, my mind is not changing. Lambert has done nothing at all on a sustained time period to warrant being our next manager, nothing

Getting sick of what ? That I don't agree with you, Good ? keep getting sick, my mind is not changing. Lambert has done nothing at all on a sustained time period to warrant being our next manager, nothing
How you rubbish any potential candidate for the Villa job based on a few games, sometimes even one game.

So come on then, who would you like to see replace McLeish (that's if you're not supporting McLeish) who would actually be a realistic target?

For a club of our size & stature we need to think akin, ie. No B listers such as Lambert, Martinez, Curbishley, Rodgers, Bruce, Allardyce

As a club, we need to make a step change and employ a high calibre manager to oversee this

You do realise he's got back to back to promotions don't you?

I'm not sure what you actually expected of Norwich but I'm pretty sure just keeping them up is quite fantastic. Of course they are going to go through a weak period, their squad isn't of the standard.

Can I ask you, what did you expect of Norwich when they got promoted? What would you have considered a good job?

Who says Mark Hughes was overlooked? Mark Hughes thought he was going to Chelsea

As I understand it Mark Hughes was sounded out for the Villa job but he had far too many demands and was not liked by the powers that be at Villa because of his personality.

Well as I understand it he was going to be coach at Chelsea under a DOF, which is why he resigned but Chelsea changed their minds leaving him up the creek.

There is of course scope for both of those to be true

For a club of our size & stature we need to think akin, ie. No B listers such as Lambert, Martinez, Curbishley, Rodgers, Bruce, Allardyce

As a club, we need to make a step change and employ a high calibre manager to oversee this

I'm all ears

This is what I don't understand. You seem to be against the likes of Lambert and Martinez purely because they come from lesser clubs. All managers start somewhere. I bet you'd have been against Moyes because he came from Preston, right?

CI was calling for Fat Sam at one point

he posts whatever will create the biggest reaction

No I don't, Castle Brom is a wanky bluenose shit heap

thanks.

maybe you'd like to tell us who you'd like as manager aswell, seeing as the likes of Lambert and Martinez fall short?

I don't know about Martinez. As I've said before, 30 seconds last season and he'd be in the championship now and we wouldn't even be talking about him.

And, again, I think he'd need time, which I think we can't and won't give him.

Wigan got 42 points last season, if they had drawn instead of won, they would of still stayed up.

Only because BIrmingham lost it in the last minute.

Castlebrom, that was banter by the way!! Not serious

As per manager I really think we need to raise the bar / profile and give the whole club and city a lift

For me that's a big hitter who can take the club by the scruff of the neck and reenergise Lerner

Scholari, Cappelo , Rijkaard, Koemann, Klinsmann possibly Van Basten or Bilic

Castlebrom, that was banter by the way!! Not serious

As per manager I really think we need to raise the bar / profile and give the whole club and city a lift

For me that's a big hitter who can take the club by the scruff of the neck and reenergise Lerner

Scholari, Cappelo , Rijkaard, Koemann, Klinsmann possibly Van Basten or Bilic

we've got no chance of convincing any of them to join us. nice one.

Back to back promotions in his first 2 seasons as their manager.

Solid midtable finish with a squad full of championship players, with not very much money to spend.

Adored by his fans.

Adored by his players.

Tactical knowledge.

Yes, he's stalled recently due to a tired squad without the quality to win games in that situation. But he got the results when he needed to to ensure they had a solid finish.

Why is it you don't like him? Have you got any reasons apart from his recent results (some of which are still good)?

Who would you like instead?

Those aren't provocative questions, I'm genuinely interested to know