Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

Oh and didn't Martinez turn us down once already and you guys want to go back on all fours to him

Behave

although this may come as a bit of a shock as you dont see much of it in football these days, he wanted to show a bit of loyalty to his chairman, which is fair enough.

Martinez and Lambert are good young managers, who given some money to rebuild the side, and time, would get us climbing the table again. preferably Martinez though, get us playing football again.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Castlebrom, that was banter by the way!! Not serious

As per manager I really think we need to raise the bar / profile and give the whole club and city a lift

For me that's a big hitter who can take the club by the scruff of the neck and reenergise Lerner

Scholari, Cappelo , Rijkaard, Koemann, Klinsmann possibly Van Basten or Bilic

we've got no chance of convincing any of them to join us. nice one.

If we offer them the same wage we offered McLeish pretty much all of them would come to us..

As per manager I really think we need to raise the bar / profile and give the whole club and city a lift

For me that's a big hitter who can take the club by the scruff of the neck and reenergise Lerner

If we offer them the same wage we offered McLeish pretty much all of them would come to us..

I'm with CBV here. None of those would come to us, apart from possibly Bilic.

Totaly agree.

But today this is just a dream. This was maybe possible two or three seasons ago.

Now Villa is just low class premier league team. We have history, but so have others teams. If manager will just come cause of the history, they could go to wolves, leeds and other team as well.

I cant believe nobody has mentioned Pep or Jose :lol:

Do you have any realistic choices CI?

They are all realistic, stop dumbing the club down with your inferior selections

We are believe it or not still a big club

No we are not

Probably unrealistic for many reasons but Unai Emery is leaving Valencia at the end of the season.. Not his best season this season but is still a good manager imo.

Won't cost anything, plays good football, uses young players, shrewd in the transfer market etc.. has coped with losing key players..

Another inept Norwich dispaly, thats almost 3 months of Shite from Lambert

Please Lord keep him away from my club

Lambert said weeks ago that he thought they were safe so he was going to try new systems, different players and different tactics to guide his thinking in the summer, so I'm not surprised they've dropped a bit.

Lambert has done extremely well with limited resources. Prior to this season I would have wanted a higher profile manager capable of attracting good players from around the world. Our horizons have now changed, so maybe a manager who can inspire lesser quality players to achieve beyond their individual capabilities in an effective team structure is all we realistically attract.

They are all realistic, stop dumbing the club down with your inferior selections

You're deluded. History alone won't get you the very top managers. Our best hope is to try and poach a manager on the way up. Lambert is certainly on the way up.

To be fair to CI, if he really believes we can attract those managers then fair enough, I can see how he thinks Lambert is below us.

THe harsh reality, however, is we can't attract them, and Lambert is as good as we could hope for, imo.

You're deluded. History alone won't get you the very top managers. Our best hope is to try and poach a manager on the way up. Lambert is certainly on the way up.

We are not a big club anymore.

Those choices are ridiculous.

Lambert is a good choice.

Is there anyone you actually like on the planet CI?

I like Lambert but dont write CI off too much, we pay very good wages to our current manager and whilst we arent a 'big club' anymore we are still a very attractive proposition for most managers out there.

I like Lambert but dont write CI off too much, we pay very good wages to our current manager and whilst we arent a 'big club' anymore we are still a very attractive proposition for most managers out there.

all the managers he listed would want a considerable tranfer kitty. unless lerner is going to magic £100m out of his arse we can forget it

all the managers he listed would want a considerable tranfer kitty. unless lerner is going to magic £100m out of his arse we can forget it

£100m is a made up figure by you as is your understanding that these managers are wanting a large kitty, you also have no idea how much Lerner will or will not give these managers. However the fact remains we do pay our current manager above the going rate and we are a better proposition to most managers out there.

Everton took a huge gamble when they signed Moyes as manager from Championship Preston North End.

The football hasn't always been pretty at the Toffees but he's got the best out of players and cemented Everton as one of the toughest teams in the PL to beat - regardless of what talent he's lost and how little budget he's had to work with.

Kenright got it spot on.... Lerner needs to get the next appointment spot on as well - a manager with a track record of success, who keeps a low

profile but can get the best out of a young team. Whether he's one from under the radar or not.

We have some fantastic talent coming through - Lichaj hardly put a foot wrong again today and yet how much credit is he getting for

his perfomances?

I'm sure there will be some talented managers who aren't spotlight merchants out there just itching to get a chance to manage

the academy players we have coming through.

We have some fantastic talent coming through - Lichaj hardly put a foot wrong again today and yet how much credit is he getting for

his perfomances?

As well as changing the manager - we need to stop hyping our 'youth' players. Herd, Lichaj, Bannan are all around 23 - Lee Hendrie had played for england by that age - and he wasn't the greatest.

We don't have a set of starlets - just waiting for game time. The vast majority of those young players won't make it in the prem. The last 2 seasons have shown - when we throw the kids in - the results nose dive.

To keep hyping our youth players is IMO almost as destructive as keeping AM in charge next season.