Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He hasn`t even signed and people are talking about him leaving lol, the negativity never stops. 2 seasons is a long time at villa! He will surely reach that landmark 3rd season.

And if he does get poached it means he has done well.

Evening All

One slightly gutted but still optimistic for our future Norwich fan checking in with some questions for you....

What are you expectations for next season now PL will be your manager?

What do you want to see from him?

What would cause you to lose patience or turn on him?

No agenda in asking these, just genuinely interested

Cheers in advance for your replies

KA

My expectations would be mid table safety.

I would like to see him play attacking football.

I would lose patience with him if he showed favouritism to players who deserved to be dropped and refused to make substitutions like a number of managers we have had in recent times.

You know what, I just sat there and thought about the fixture list and felt a little bit excited.. didn't get that last year. If Lerner gets Lambert in, I will be very happy. If Lambert comes in and gets a bit of money to spend, I will promise to spend £200 on merchandise.

BTS ‏@Beninho_10

I have more information on Lambert to Villa. I was the first to reveal his resignation offer yesterday. 300 followers and I'll reveal it

Seems like this guy has something he isn't telling us.

Hello and welcome :wave:

1. Expect to actually try and win games with attacking football. In terms of league position, with a bit of investment, between 12th - 8th.

2. Again, to just try and win games. Maybe a good cup run but... not holding out for it. After the year we had with McLeish winning more than 7 games would be lovely. He really can do no wrong this season. I'd also like us to score from a corner, considering we havent scored one since November 2010.

3. No... unless he's worse than McLeish. I couldnt care if we're 15th or 9th, as long as we entertain and try to win games, i'm happy.

Thanks.

I simply cannot wait to see some new faces on the touchline....

i still have nightmares about seeing McLeish and Grants rancid mugs wearing the Villa badge....

it will be a breath of fresh air knowing we will be in the capable hands of Lambert and hopefully Culverhouse...

2 people who actually will deserve to be in that historical dug out....

UTV!!!!!!!!!!

BTS ‏@Beninho_10

I have more information on Lambert to Villa. I was the first to reveal his resignation offer yesterday. 300 followers and I'll reveal it

Seems like this guy has something he isn't telling us.

I feel like joining Twitter just to tell him to f*ck off.

I really hope this "Lambo" nickname doesn't catch on!

He's been called that since the 90s

To be fair Mantis wasnt born then.

What's with the petty insult

Bloody hell Mantis chill out, ask yourself why would I a) insult you and B) be petty? No reason, I was just **** around.

I wonder how people managed to communicate in a friendly manner before the smiley face was invented.

Ron Saunders anyone?
You couldn't get more dour than Ron Saunders, but we all loved him because he got Villa playing great football and its what happens on the pitch that is important. If Lambert is dour but gets us playing anything like the way we played under Ron, the fans will soon stop moaning.
Saunders was also a former Norwich manager.

Optimistic but also realistic. There's a lot of work to be done on this squad and a lot of deadwood to get rid of, it's a job that will take more than a couple of transfer windows to sort out. Having said that, we do have some very talented players so I'm hoping that next season can see us back around the top half, I think to expect any more than that would be unrealistic.

1. Passion for the club and determination to take us forwards

2. A long term plan that can see us develop and maintain a good standard of football

3. A positive approach to games and always going out for three points, regardless of the opposition

4. A no-nonsense approach to some of the wasters in our squad. We have several players with poor discipline and they need to either get in line or get out of the club.

Very little, except for relegation or an obvious descent from the dizzying heights of last season. In truth, McLeish has set the bar so low that it would be almost impossible for Lambert not to be a significant improvement.

If this deal comes off, and I hope it does, AVFC will have finally gotten what it's needed for a long, long time - A young, dedicated and ambitious manager who can work in a manner that does not financially cripple the club.

As an aside, I have a lot of time for NCFC. My first game at VP was against Norwich, I believe it was the 92/93 season and we lost 2-1. I think my second game was against Norwich as well and we drew 1-1.

I hope whoever you get in does a good job for the club and you stick around in the Prem for a long time.

Mid table, decent football played, decent cup run

Good tactics, Subs at the right time (Game changing ones), Attacking Football, Passing Football

Not a lot, I'm going to give him a lot of time.