Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

I think there is plenty of time to be progressive just not yet. We are still a club in turmoil that needs rebuilding and set back on that path for glory, if we win a few cups in the next 3-4 years and get into Europe then we are in a better position if Lambert leaves to start looking at AVB and Benitez, but right now we need someone that is 80-90% guaranteed to do well here and Lambert is that.
There's absolutely no reason why now is not the time to be progressive. That said, Lambert does look to be quite progressive anyway. Apparently his teams do still pass it around a bit and of course he's very tactically astute.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Says an awful lot about how bad things have got at Villa that so many are cumming in their pants at news we are appointing a manager who has one year top flight experience, is hardly likely to attract players other than Grant bloody Holt and importantly for me shows how unambitious and lacking in vision our board are.

We needed revolution, not another bloody dour, miserable, media unfriendly appt.

To be honest fuse these were my gripes, but as usual we are stuck with it so we will have to back him. I really thought we would have been smart enough to get a manager with some vibe to him who could bring that feel good factor back and have some creativity with transfers. We've gone the safe and boring route as usual, as I suspect this manager will. :?

Your both what I hate about some Villa fans, never happy, never satisfied, part of the poisonous band of miserable gits that linger around Villa Park.

Instantly on the clubs back. It makes no difference that football people, with knowledge and experience, rate him as one of the best young managers around.

No, lets be upset at the fact he doesn't tell jokes at his press conferences, and he's not from Brazil and called Paulinio Lamberto.

Everyones has a right to an opinion, but there's a bunch at Villa that just need to do one.

Oh, I'm sorry. So because I am not cartwheeling down the road at the appt of Lambert as I wanted us to be more ambitious and progressive and this is different to your opinion, I should do one?

Why don't you stop being such a self righteous clearing in the woods and do one yourself?

Im surpriced villan_007 didn't throw in a few "fickle" and som "bluenose" while he was ranting. Isn't that how it's usually done when people disagree on VT?

Says an awful lot about how bad things have got at Villa that so many are cumming in their pants at news we are appointing a manager who has one year top flight experience, is hardly likely to attract players other than Grant bloody Holt and importantly for me shows how unambitious and lacking in vision our board are.

We needed revolution, not another bloody dour, miserable, media unfriendly appt.

To be honest fuse these were my gripes, but as usual we are stuck with it so we will have to back him. I really thought we would have been smart enough to get a manager with some vibe to him who could bring that feel good factor back and have some creativity with transfers. We've gone the safe and boring route as usual, as I suspect this manager will. :?

Your both what I hate about some Villa fans, never happy, never satisfied, part of the poisonous band of miserable gits that linger around Villa Park.

Instantly on the clubs back. It makes no difference that football people, with knowledge and experience, rate him as one of the best young managers around.

No, lets be upset at the fact he doesn't tell jokes at his press conferences, and he's not from Brazil and called Paulinio Lamberto.

Everyones has a right to an opinion, but there's a bunch at Villa that just need to do one.

Oh, I'm sorry. So because I am not cartwheeling down the road at the appt of Lambert as I wanted us to be more ambitious and progressive and this is different to your opinion, I should do one?

Why don't you stop being such a self righteous clearing in the woods and do one yourself?

hmmm. "Grant bloody holt" and "We needed revolution, not another bloody dour, miserable, media unfriendly appt." is a bit stronger than not doing cartwheels i'd say.

who was going to provide your revolution? why can't lambert be revolutionary?

for us winning games would be a pretty revolutionary, and lambert is good at that. could not give a monkeys how he appears on post match interviews. he's young, ambitious, brings with him a wealth of experience at pretty much every level of football right up to being a european cup winner. what's not to like?

he's not even been appointed yet and there's already a few on here who don't like him?

I think realistically Lambert is as 'progressive' as we should be.

Going completely left-field is more likely to end in disaster than it would do in success - and that's not to say Lambert isn't a bit of a coup in itself after our last season!

I really don't understand the apparent progressive and more importantly realistically good options there were out there?

Right thats enough, this is a good day so stop bickering or i will sort you all out!

Never ever forget the misery of mcleish. That is over, lambert is on his way!

rejoice.

Yes, that's something to cherish. Whatever your opinions are of Lambert one big positive is that he's not McLeish.

Turns out Micky Quinn is right

Fuse is Micky Quinn...........

Pot and kettles Slim! :-)

What about in the transfer market? Does he have a network as such? Working with foreign players like Jean Makoun II and N'Zogbia?

Crossing football? :|

Can someone explain why he isn't MON mark II?

Can't argue with this CV very impressive for a new manager but I want someone to sell him too me. I'm not overtly keen on Scottish managers.

I think realistically Lambert is as 'progressive' as we should be.

Going completely left-field is more likely to end in disaster than it would do in success - and that's not to say Lambert isn't a bit of a coup in itself after our last season!

I really don't understand the apparent progressive and more importantly realistically good options there were out there?

Personally I'd have preferred Martinez. I will get behind Lambert and tbh it says more about the board in picking him that they have definitely chosen to listen to the fans opinions on this, which I accept is almost universally positive.

Not because your not doing cartwheels, because you couldn't name 3 other candidates that are realistic, and would bring your so could ambition

to the club.

I'm very pleased that it looks like Lambert is joining us. I liked the sound of him before McLeish joined last year and after a very impressive season with Norwich and our own disastrous showing, I think it is a bit of a coup.

not over excited but putting it into context, lambert is the modern day MON, was it a bad thing for leicester? nope it got them regular top 8 fnishes and a cup or 2. compaired to last seasons disgusting appointment this seems quite a step up.

i would still rather have van gaal or hitzfeld but thats not going to be happening any time soon so i will see what the obviously nick named " lambo" can do for the club if appointed

far happier with this than some of the dirt which is still floating around, at least lambo hasnt been poisoned and told what to do by alex ferguson and co who seem to have a hold over far more football matters not involving their own clubs than they should.

good luck lambo

Having just read the last 10 pages to catch up, 2 things stand out:

First, people have short memories. We got ourselves into the mire by throwing cash at players who were at the wrong end of their careers, players who are still leeching off the club. Yet in the last few pages, there are people stating that we need to give Lambert a load of cash and that it might be well spent on Grant Holt. That would put us straight back to square one. There is talent in our team that needs supplementing but transisition is just that and takes some time. I would love a root and branch change, but do not see that happening.

Second, I think it is becoming increasingly important that Culverhouse comes with Lambert. It appears that the team (as with most) is greater than the sum of its parts and for Lambert to have a significant effect, he needs his backroom staff to come with him.

Turns out Micky Quinn is right

Fuse is Micky Quinn...........

Pot and kettles Slim! :-)

Nothing to do with your girth you whinging gobshite!!