Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

Says an awful lot about how bad things have got at Villa that so many are cumming in their pants at news we are appointing a manager who has one year top flight experience, is hardly likely to attract players other than Grant bloody Holt and importantly for me shows how unambitious and lacking in vision our board are.

We needed revolution, not another bloody dour, miserable, media unfriendly appt.

To be honest fuse these were my gripes, but as usual we are stuck with it so we will have to back him. I really thought we would have been smart enough to get a manager with some vibe to him who could bring that feel good factor back and have some creativity with transfers. We've gone the safe and boring route as usual, as I suspect this manager will. :?

Your both what I hate about some Villa fans, never happy, never satisfied, part of the poisonous band of miserable gits that linger around Villa Park.

Instantly on the clubs back. It makes no difference that football people, with knowledge and experience, rate him as one of the best young managers around.

No, lets be upset at the fact he doesn't tell jokes at his press conferences, and he's not from Brazil and called Paulinio Lamberto.

Everyones has a right to an opinion, but there's a bunch at Villa that just need to do one.

Could not agree more!!!

So many Villa fans do not have realistic expectations for the club and are never, ever happy! Same people who didn't think O'Neill was good enough...

Agree with this. We could argue about O'Neill's faults till the cows come home but some of our so called fans start moaning far too quickly and for no reason. I will never forget the bloke who used to sit behind me and shouted at Brad Friedel, calling him 'a bald headed clearing in the woods'. Disgraceful.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Says an awful lot about how bad things have got at Villa that so many are cumming in their pants at news we are appointing a manager who has one year top flight experience, is hardly likely to attract players other than Grant bloody Holt and importantly for me shows how unambitious and lacking in vision our board are.

We needed revolution, not another bloody dour, miserable, media unfriendly appt.

To be honest fuse these were my gripes, but as usual we are stuck with it so we will have to back him. I really thought we would have been smart enough to get a manager with some vibe to him who could bring that feel good factor back and have some creativity with transfers. We've gone the safe and boring route as usual, as I suspect this manager will. :?

Turns out Micky Quinn is right

Because a couple of fans don't rate Lambert?

At ease soldier, it was tongue in cheek.

I don't think there was any smoke and mirrors with OGS, it's just that he was the only one we knew for certain had been interviewed because of thetrees's being particularly observant, nothing more than that.

Sending your jet to a small town in Norway to pick one up, knowing Villa fans would track it and work out what it was doing there would perhaps

be a sure way of distracting everyone's attention away from other interviews. It was certainly a big deal in Norway!

Who knows?

However that's OGS Norwegian strike partner Jan Aage Fjortoft‏ who himself is now a journo tweeted that tonight...

not just some random guy from Norway.

I can't understand the attitude against Martinez. He seems to be a good professional and showed loyalty to the club who gave him the chance to manage a Premiership side and chose to give the club one more season. I can’t see anything wrong with that. I wouldn’t mind him managing Villa at all.

I’m extremely happy with Lambert though!

Whelan on the other hand is a complete word removed!

It was more a dig at Whelan..... and I would imagine RM isn't too chuffed about him spouting off all the time. I don't think FGS were

at all impressed.

However if I was running Aston Villa FC I really wouldn't be wanting a manager who thought perhaps he could do a bit better than a small

time club like Villa...if his talks with Liverpool didn't work out.

Applying or getting offers from two different employers isn't anything that I would mind. It happens all the time. You go to interwievs You take the job that seems the most intresting or pays more (depending what you look for).

This time Learner decided that Lambert was his prefered option, one reason probably that he turned us down last year.

I hope he has decent connections in Germany and Europe from his Dortmund days to build upon. I find it kind of weird that a Champions League winner managed clubs like Wycombe and Colchester before making his way up. He should have a good, varied approach to the game and he has had nothing given to him on a plate. He must be relishing a project like this at a club like ours. Really looking forward to it. I just hope our expectations aren't too high to begin with and it's up to us to make Villa Park a positive place for him and the players next season.

Your both what I hate about some Villa fans, never happy, never satisfied, part of the poisonous band of miserable gits that linger around Villa Park.

Instantly on the clubs back. It makes no difference that football people, with knowledge and experience, rate him as one of the best young managers around.

No, lets be upset at the fact he doesn't tell jokes at his press conferences, and he's not from Brazil and called Paulinio Lamberto.

Everyones has a right to an opinion, but there's a bunch at Villa that just need to do one.

This sums up how I've felt for a long time! Great post 007!

Applying or getting offers from two different employers isn't anything that I would mind. It happens all the time. You go to interwievs You take the job that seems the most intresting or pays more (depending what you look for).

Yeah but after last Summer's snub things were obviously going to be delicate.

Martinez looks like he's lost his coach at Wigan Graeme Jones now to Swansea to replace Rodgers... Maybe Villa got wind of

this also as a possibility and wanted Lamberts coaching staff as part of a better package.

If you check my posts i'm actually one of the more supportive and positive fans, I don't see how expressing my opinion is a sign of me getting on the clubs back or the managers. This kind of reminds me of when we had the chance to invest in some real quality and were on the verge of champions league and signed Heskey. Solid, but bland and unspectacular. I am by no means writing off the appointment. Mark Hughes name wasnt Markinho Hughsino at the time i wanted him here etc. and yes, i would rather pay 6 million for Roberto Champotta from(made up name) from Columbia as a pose to 12 -15 million for Stewart Downing just for arguments sake. of course I'm going to give the manager and see what he brings to the table ffs. I even gave mcleisg more of a chance than most! :?

If we'd appointed Hughes we'd have struggled, Heskey was brought in to bolster the squad and not as our saviour and signing a random Columbian over an England international who we made a profit on does not sound like good business sense. Based on your predictions and the fact I believe we will see real change under his stewardship, I predict Lambert will be a huge hit.

What I like about this appointment is that for the first time in a long time the club and the fans are pulling in the same direction. I liked Houllier but I accept that many fans didn't. There was always a massive division there and it felt like we as a fanbase were in a civil war at times with all the infighting. MON's departure also caused a lot of disagreements and even today we're very much split on it. McLeish was just horrible. NOBODY wanted him here. I don't know about anybody else but I just tried to forget about him at first, but as time got on things got worse and worse and in the end practically everybody wanted him gone. Had McLeish stayed we would've gone the way of Blackburn.

Lambert is an appointment we can all get behind I think. He's got a very impressive CV and his teams play attacking football. He wasn't my first choice but I'm still happy with this. Even the few that don't think this is a good appointment have said that they will get behind him.

I hope he has decent connections in Germany and Europe from his Dortmund days to build upon. I find it kind of weird that a Champions League winner managed clubs like Wycombe and Colchester before making his way up. He should have a good, varied approach to the game and he has had nothing given to him on a plate. He must be relishing a project like this at a club like ours. Really looking forward to it. I just hope our expectations aren't too high to begin with and it's up to us to make Villa Park a positive place for him and the players next season.

He did it so he could learn the ropes at lower pressure clubs..

- He started at Livingston and after 1 season had a win % of 15.63.

- He then went to Wycombe and 2-3 seasons later left having gotten knocked out of League 2 play-off's with a win % of 40.74.

- Then he went to Colchester where after a season he flirted around the play-off's with a win % of 44.19.

- He then went to Norwich where as we know in his first season he promoted them to the Championship, in his second promoted them to the Premier League and in his third got them 12th place with a win % of 49.30.

The man has been smart he started at a level that is ideal for starting managers and slowly he has learned his trade, he is now at the point where provided he doesn't lose the dressing room he could work wonders with our side. If he gets a 40-50% win ratio with us next season we'll be flirting with the top 4..

I wanted Moyes & was hoping the rumours might have grown stronger....... but then I was excited by OGS as was everyone....

but I'm warming to the Geography teacher coming to manage my beloved football club and will hopefully feel motivated to

attend a few more games next season.

Onwards and upwards as they say!

Oh, I'm sorry. So because I am not cartwheeling down the road at the appt of Lambert as I wanted us to be more ambitious and progressive and this is different to your opinion, I should do one?

Why don't you stop being such a self righteous clearing in the woods and do one yourself?

Fuse is Micky Quinn...........

I think there is plenty of time to be progressive just not yet. We are still a club in turmoil that needs rebuilding and set back on that path for glory, if we win a few cups in the next 3-4 years and get into Europe then we are in a better position if Lambert leaves to start looking at AVB and Benitez, but right now we need someone that is 80-90% guaranteed to do well here and Lambert is that.

Fuse is Micky Quinn...........

Mickey Quinn is in a bad mood because his beloved Liverpool have employed Brendan Rodgers as manager, instead of Pep Guardiola (with a back room staff of Mourinho, Klopp and the Ghost of Shankley!)

He's turning his misery onto our club to deflect the fact he's a deluded scouse tw@t!