Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

I'd imagine he will get about £20m + proceeds from any sales

But there will be a tight brief on wages offered (surely?)

You're probably correct. And dont call me Shirley :)

(well someone was going to say it)

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's true some Villa fans are never happy. Lambert took over Norwich when they had just been beaten 7-1 by Colchester, whom he was managing at the time. He got them promoted to the Championship, got them promoted into the Prem, and has now had a good first season. He won't take any shit - I can't believe a lot of Villa fans are moaning just because he comes across as a bit dour. Ron Saunders anyone?

Jan Aage Fjortoft‏@JanAageFjortoft

I thought Solskjær would have taken the Villa-job if asked. My source had good knowledge:He said Lambert was frontrunner all the time #avfc

Fab spot Matt.

Kind of brings it all together and it makes sense.

I thought Solskjær would have taken the Villa-job if asked. My source had good knowledge:He said Lambert was frontrunner all the time #avfc

Fab spot Matt.

It would certainly seem that way Julie.

:D

Says an awful lot about how bad things have got at Villa that so many are cumming in their pants at news we are appointing a manager who has one year top flight experience, is hardly likely to attract players other than Grant bloody Holt and importantly for me shows how unambitious and lacking in vision our board are.

We needed revolution, not another bloody dour, miserable, media unfriendly appt.

To be honest fuse these were my gripes, but as usual we are stuck with it so we will have to back him. I really thought we would have been smart enough to get a manager with some vibe to him who could bring that feel good factor back and have some creativity with transfers. We've gone the safe and boring route as usual, as I suspect this manager will. :?

Your both what I hate about some Villa fans, never happy, never satisfied, part of the poisonous band of miserable gits that linger around Villa Park.

Instantly on the clubs back. It makes no difference that football people, with knowledge and experience, rate him as one of the best young managers around.

No, lets be upset at the fact he doesn't tell jokes at his press conferences, and he's not from Brazil and called Paulinio Lamberto.

Everyones has a right to an opinion, but there's a bunch at Villa that just need to do one.

Fab spot Matt.

Funnily enough Dean Scoggins of the Sun was adamant before OGS saga blew up that Lerner was after Lambert as his No 1 candidate.

Interestingly enough....when it looked like OGS was coming to Villa....he said publically via tweets...... that he got the feeling that the whole OGS pursuit was more a way of pushing the Lambert & Norwich situation forward.

Says an awful lot about how bad things have got at Villa that so many are cumming in their pants at news we are appointing a manager who has one year top flight experience, is hardly likely to attract players other than Grant bloody Holt and importantly for me shows how unambitious and lacking in vision our board are.

We needed revolution, not another bloody dour, miserable, media unfriendly appt.

To be honest fuse these were my gripes, but as usual we are stuck with it so we will have to back him. I really thought we would have been smart enough to get a manager with some vibe to him who could bring that feel good factor back and have some creativity with transfers. We've gone the safe and boring route as usual, as I suspect this manager will. :?

Your both what I hate about some Villa fans, never happy, never satisfied, part of the poisonous band of miserable gits that linger around Villa Park.

Instantly on the clubs back. It makes no difference that football people, with knowledge and experience, rate him as one of the best young managers around.

No, lets be upset at the fact he doesn't tell jokes at his press conferences, and he's not from Brazil and called Paulinio Lamberto.

Everyones has a right to an opinion, but there's a bunch at Villa that just need to do one.

Could not agree more!!!

So many Villa fans do not have realistic expectations for the club and are never, ever happy! Same people who didn't think O'Neill was good enough...

One of the best posts I've read in a while. Hear, hear!

Boom!! This all day long!

If you check my posts i'm actually one of the more supportive and positive fans, I don't see how expressing my opinion is a sign of me getting on the clubs back or the managers. This kind of reminds me of when we had the chance to invest in some real quality and were on the verge of champions league and signed Heskey. Solid, but bland and unspectacular. I am by no means writing off the appointment. Mark Hughes name wasnt Markinho Hughsino at the time i wanted him here etc. and yes, i would rather pay 6 million for Roberto Champotta from(made up name) from Columbia as a pose to 12 -15 million for Stewart Downing just for arguments sake. of course I'm going to give the manager and see what he brings to the table ffs. I even gave mcleisg more of a chance than most! :?

Fab spot Matt.

Funnily enough Dean Scoggins of the Sun was adamant before OGS saga blew up that Lerner was after Lambert as his No 1 candidate.

Interestingly enough....when it looked like OGS was coming to Villa....he said publically via tweets...... that he got the feeling that the whole OGS pursuit was more a way of pushing the Lambert & Norwich situation forward.

I think we can safely say that none of the media had any idea what Lerner was doing, and credit to him for that. It may be the odd journo got it right but more by luck than judgement. I don't think there was any smoke and mirrors with OGS, it's just that he was the only one we knew for certain had been interviewed because of thetrees's being particularly observant, nothing more than that.

Everyones has a right to an opinion, but there's a bunch at Villa that just need to do one

Can't say I can find anything to disagree with also about this post neither - I'm sad to say.

The personal abuse that was aimed at McLeish last season was just dreadful, but the stuff people shouted at Hutton after that awful

tackle at VP he suffered against Spurs was just unbelievable.

As I've said before if you're going to moan at matches which we're trying to win.... then please go and sit with the away supporters

You just DO their job for them!

Turns out Micky Quinn is right

Because a couple of fans don't rate Lambert?

Everyones has a right to an opinion, but there's a bunch at Villa that just need to do one

Can't say I can find anything to disagree with also about this post neither - I'm sad to say.

The personal abuse that was aimed at McLeish last season was just dreadful, but the stuff people shouted at Hutton after that awful

tackle at VP he suffered against Spurs was just unbelievable.

As I've said before if you're going to moan at matches which we're trying to win.... then please go and sit with the away supporters

You just DO their job for them!

People had a right to be pissed off with McLeish. We were dire under him. Absolutely dire.

That said, Lambert deserves a chance.

So frustrating to see people moaning (a minority admittedly) Lambert is such a good appointment for us. I can only assume that these people really have some deluded idea that we will employ a fancy foreign name and base their opinions on managers and probably players if they have a mystique that surrounds them.

Paul Lambert has been successfull since he started management, he has done wonders at Norwich and was also a successfull player, he knows how to win. His record in my eyes is ten times better than Rodgers and Martinez put together. And we have what I believe has always been our main target.

AVB would of been my dream choice as I think he has the makings to be truly great but he is beyond our level.

With Lambert we will be back where we belong and thats top 6, pushing the top 5.

If it is to be Lambert then I'm happy to give him a good chance. What we don't want is someone who comes in, incurs the wrath of the fans and then disappears leaving us to start all over again next year. He must have been promised funds to begin moulding the squad to his specifications; after all one of his reasons for, allegedly, being prepared to leave Norwich is the lack of funds he felt he needed to push them further along. I can't see him coming to us if the only money he gets comes from wheeling and dealing.