Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Says an awful lot about how bad things have got at Villa that so many are cumming in their pants at news we are appointing a manager who has one year top flight experience, is hardly likely to attract players other than Grant bloody Holt and importantly for me shows how unambitious and lacking in vision our board are.

We needed revolution, not another bloody dour, miserable, media unfriendly appt.

people were far more hysterical over the prospect of no years top flight experience ole gunnar solskjaer - that was far more ridiculous imo

think lambert will do a good job, was my preferred realistic choice from the outset

I can't understand the attitude against Martinez. He seems to be a good professional and showed loyalty to the club who gave him the chance to manage a Premiership side and chose to give the club one more season. I can’t see anything wrong with that. I wouldn’t mind him managing Villa at all.

I’m extremely happy with Lambert though!

Whelan on the other hand is a complete word removed!

It was more a dig at Whelan..... and I would imagine RM isn't too chuffed about him spouting off all the time. I don't think FGS were

at all impressed.

However if I was running Aston Villa FC I really wouldn't be wanting a manager who thought perhaps he could do a bit better than a small

time club like Villa...if his talks with Liverpool didn't work out.

James Nursey ‏@JamesNursey

#AVFC will hope Lambert takes his coach Culverhouse with him as gather Ian is superb and does most of training and is v good tactically

Hope so James... Coaching and tactics... Yay!

Yeh was listening to a sensible Norwich fan earlier who said Culverhouse does a lot more than most number two's and even went as far as saying he selected the team, tactics and substitutions for games with PL doing all the man-motivation, therefore would be worried if he didn't come.

It was more a dig at Whelan..... and I would imagine RM isn't too chuffed about him spouting off all the time. I don't think FGS were

at all impressed.

Whelan and Martinez are a comedy duo.

Look closely, you'll see a real Burns and Smithers thing going on between them.

Pat Murphy mentions potential garden leave could come into into the equation. Good old Pat being his usual positive self about Villa.

Gardening leave???? I bet Delia keeps her garden in good shape! :winkold:

Many years ago i was her ,erm "personal gardener"

and can concur that she has a wonderful Bush :winkold:

Pat Murphy mentions potential garden leave could come into into the equation. Good old Pat being his usual positive self about Villa.

Gardening leave???? I bet Delia keeps her garden in good shape! :winkold:

Many years ago i was her ,erm "personal gardener"

and can concur that she has a wonderful Bush :winkold:

Well the bush maybe wonderful but everything around it is a horrible word removed.

david mcnally ‏@davidmcnally62

Despite what you may have heard today, Jonny Howson is not for sale. No chance. None. Not for sale and never has been.

david mcnally ‏@davidmcnally62

One tweet often leads to another! None of our senior players are for sale.

A warning to Lambert....

Pete Colley slightly letting the cat out of the bag a wee bit more just on SSN..

Apparently from saying Villa spoke to Norwich yesterday about Paul Lambert's availability he's moved the goalposts now to....

"earlier in the week"........... bit longer than that methinks!

Course if Norwich have just kept saying NO against his wishes..... then he could have waited and then excercised a rumoured clause

in his rolling contract to talk to any PL club on 31st May - today

As IIRC someone else posted earlier......

Lambert takes clubs and moves them up the table.....the clear antithesis to McLeish.....let's hope Lerner gives him a little cash to spend, because it'll be a tall order working with some of the wasters currently wearing the Villa shirt.

Says an awful lot about how bad things have got at Villa that so many are cumming in their pants at news we are appointing a manager who has one year top flight experience, is hardly likely to attract players other than Grant bloody Holt and importantly for me shows how unambitious and lacking in vision our board are.

We needed revolution, not another bloody dour, miserable, media unfriendly appt.

To be honest fuse these were my gripes, but as usual we are stuck with it so we will have to back him. I really thought we would have been smart enough to get a manager with some vibe to him who could bring that feel good factor back and have some creativity with transfers. We've gone the safe and boring route as usual, as I suspect this manager will. :?

To be honest fuse these were my gripes, but as usual we are stuck with it so we will have to back him. I really thought we would have been smart enough to get a manager with some vibe to him who could bring that feel good factor back and have some creativity with transfers. We've gone the safe and boring route as usual, as I suspect this manager will. :?

Turns out Micky Quinn is right

We have to give him a chance, I don't think he's the man for the job personally but will be right behind him

Be interested to see if he clears out the known troublemakers as a priority

If he doesn't they could be his undoing