Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

What are you expectations for next season now PL will be your manager?

Top 10 finish.

What do you want to see from him?

Winning.. that's what everyone wants right?

What would cause you to lose patience or turn on him?

Wasting money - for the past 2-3 seasons we have seen so much money wasted on average players and most were on long contracts.. now I understand not every transfer will be a success but i'll go mad if he some how gets a Beye mk II transfer in.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you expectations for next season now PL will be your manager?

What do you want to see from him?

What would cause you to lose patience or turn on him?

mid table safety would be accepted IMO especially if you could see beyond it, MON was instantly accepted because you could see what would happen in years 2/3/4

attacking football and perhaps most importantly confidence brought back to the players, our squad is nowhere near as bad as some would have you believe, id love to see him get the kids firing again (whats he like with the youth?)

after the year we've just had i think it would have to be really bad for us to turn on him, the stat of only 31% having him as 1st choice (TA earlier on twitter iirc not sure where from) is misleading, the approval rate after his appointment will be 70-80% at a guess, i think after what we've experienced with heskey over the last 3 years im not sure if holt on big wages would go down a treat, expecting him to purchase from left field rather than well known over paid over hyped players from other prem clubs subs bench

I'm quite confident about Lambert now actually. I seriously doubt the board would've gone for him if he was really that similar to MON.

When we play Sunderland we can chant "Our MON is better than your MON!"

Don't you mean "Our Paul Lambert is better than your Paul Lambert"?

Love it.

There is no way that Lambert will spend anywhere near as much time here as Moyes has done at Everton.

He will be off in 4 years. Providing he does well enough for someone to come in for him.

I have been going to the Villa since 1966 and in all that time we have never lost a manager to a bigger club, apart from Graham Taylor being poached by England.

If Lambert does well at Villa he will not need to go to a bigger club as he will be able to fufil his ambitions here.

Would people STFU about twitter, it's all full of bollocks and trolls.

If someone 'tweeted' that a giant dog was coming to take over the world you would run to your windows screaming.

There is no way that Lambert will spend anywhere near as much time here as Moyes has done at Everton.

He will be off in 4 years. Providing he does well enough for someone to come in for him.

I have been going to the Villa since 1966 and in all that time we have never lost a manager to a bigger club, apart from Graham Taylor being poached by England.

If Lambert does well at Villa he will not need to go to a bigger club as he will be able to fufil his ambitions here.

Good point Fazilla

I certainly hope so Fazilla!

I weren't saying that in a negative way towards Villa or Lambert. It just seems the way football works these days.

I think realistically Lambert is as 'progressive' as we should be.

Going completely left-field is more likely to end in disaster than it would do in success - and that's not to say Lambert isn't a bit of a coup in itself after our last season!

It's a yes for me.

Well for a start Janine Self claims Lambert was third choice, which is contrary to what I've ears pretty much everywhere else. So I have gone to the trouble of telling her that on Twitter. She works for world class newspaper The People for a reason!

She's replied to me. Basis of her claim is that they sounded out other managers. 1+1=459.75432. Now that is rubbish journalism for you.

Says an awful lot about how bad things have got at Villa that so many are cumming in their pants at news we are appointing a manager who has one year top flight experience, is hardly likely to attract players other than Grant bloody Holt and importantly for me shows how unambitious and lacking in vision our board are.

We needed revolution, not another bloody dour, miserable, media unfriendly appt.

To be honest fuse these were my gripes, but as usual we are stuck with it so we will have to back him. I really thought we would have been smart enough to get a manager with some vibe to him who could bring that feel good factor back and have some creativity with transfers. We've gone the safe and boring route as usual, as I suspect this manager will. :?

Your both what I hate about some Villa fans, never happy, never satisfied, part of the poisonous band of miserable gits that linger around Villa Park.

Instantly on the clubs back. It makes no difference that football people, with knowledge and experience, rate him as one of the best young managers around.

No, lets be upset at the fact he doesn't tell jokes at his press conferences, and he's not from Brazil and called Paulinio Lamberto.

Everyones has a right to an opinion, but there's a bunch at Villa that just need to do one.

This sums up how I've felt for a long time! Great post 007!

Rubish.

I don't agree with some of the gripes that people have about Lambert. BUT I absolutely defend the right of those who aren't that enthused to come on here and have their say.

Anyway...

Its not a done deal yet - FFS - another night of F5 - Up at the crack of dawn - checking on my mobile while still in bed .....not good for my health - Just sign him up Randy !

I certainly hope so Fazilla!

I weren't saying that in a negative way towards Villa or Lambert. It just seems the way football works these days.

When Ron came to Villa we were in the second division. If anybody had told me that within 8 years that we would be European Champions I would have laughed my socks off.

I know that football has changed and that money rules, but with the right manager and sound investment I think Villa have the potential to compete with the big boys. It will take time, but I hope Lambert is the man to finally move us towards our place at the top table.

BTS ‏@Beninho_10

Aston Villa are refusing to pay any compensation to Norwich for Paul Lambert.

They feel that they are in a very strong position due to Paul Lambert’s resignation, however as expected Norwich want some money.

Paul Lambert will still be the new Villa manager, however the announcement may now be delayed.

The extent of this delay depends on how quickly the issue is resolved and how willing Villa are to pay some compensation

Therefore reports that the deal could be announced tomorrow sound wide of the mark.

As are reports like those in the Mail which state compensation “should be agreed swiftly”

So to sum it up the deal has been delayed as Aston Villa do not want to pay any compensation to Norwich,but this should not scupper the deal

BTS ‏@Beninho_10

Aston Villa are refusing to pay any compensation to Norwich for Paul Lambert.

They feel that they are in a very strong position due to Paul Lambert’s resignation, however as expected Norwich want some money.

Paul Lambert will still be the new Villa manager, however the announcement may now be delayed.

The extent of this delay depends on how quickly the issue is resolved and how willing Villa are to pay some compensation

Therefore reports that the deal could be announced tomorrow sound wide of the mark.

As are reports like those in the Mail which state compensation “should be agreed swiftly”

So to sum it up the deal has been delayed as Aston Villa do not want to pay any compensation to Norwich,but this should not scupper the deal

Oh, for crying out loud. Seriously. That person has been attention seeking all day....Oh, give me a few more followers and I will tell all.

Utter tosh! It is pretty clear to almost every Villa fan what the stance is.