Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

[quote="philthevillan

The only negative comment I heard from a TV reporter about PL was 'they can't wait to see the back of him in Norfolk'. Turns out he was talking about the media. Who cares eh? If he does a good job he can refuse to do interviews for all I care.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure this 'Incognitoavfc' twitterer is someone from the club who's been told to leak information.

That's JUST what I've been wondering too.

INCOGNITOAVFC has been pretty spot on so far I have to say - but we shall see. He also correctly said last night that Lambert hadn't resigned..which is true because he was at NCFC training ground saying goodbye to the players this morning.

Last night's tweets......

INCOGNITO AVFC INCOGNITO AVFC ‏@INCOGNITOAVFC

Wow. Wait a minute. Just got a call. Norwich were not as forthcoming as first thought. Lambert is now taking control. May well resign. #avfc

INCOGNITO AVFC ‏@INCOGNITOAVFC

I will stress though, he HASN'T quit. But Norwich have apparently forced his hand. He isn't happy that things have changed. Brewing. #avfc

Things MUST have been in a pretty advanced stage with all this because it sounds like the Gillingham accountant who a VT poster vouched for mentioned

Lamberts contract being drawn up with Villa a fair few days ago.

The Ben10 Liverpool fan actually got it wrong last night it appears..... Lambert hadn't resigned! Incognito appears to have been correct.

Any genuinely sane person would not also be trying to exact emotional blackmail to get more followers surely?!!!

I can't see Norwich playing anything BUT hardball over this....however there is an air of resignation in their statement so a deal will need to be done

because there's no way he's going back.

Maybe there will be a delay regarding sorting out the coaching staff compensation also - although normally they're on very short term contracts.

Following these rumours about Lambert being heavily backed I'm now wondering whether the board knew when they appointed McLeish that they'd probably be sacking him in a year and just used him to get the wage bill down. Would certainly explain a lot.

I'm taking a prediction that Lambert will be getting £40-50 million.. I have looked at how much potentially needs doing and I think that is about the amount he'll need. Some may go with £30-40 million + Player sales, I think Lerner will just pocket the money from sales and just flat out give him £40-50 million with the strict understanding that this kind of money won't happen every summer.
Well that would be a lot. To be honest I think Lambert could do it on £20m-£30m but £40m-£50m would be very interesting. Lambert's never had much money to spend so I wonder if he'll go for some foreign players?

I would hope he looks further afield as he could get better for less. I understand though that my prediction is very extreme and the chances of that amount being offered is slim. I just think the optimism of Lambert coming and Richard getting all excited has gone to my head a bit. :lol:

I'm taking a prediction that Lambert will be getting £40-50 million.. I have looked at how much potentially needs doing and I think that is about the amount he'll need. Some may go with £30-40 million + Player sales, I think Lerner will just pocket the money from sales and just flat out give him £40-50 million with the strict understanding that this kind of money won't happen every summer.
Well that would be a lot. To be honest I think Lambert could do it on £20m-£30m but £40m-£50m would be very interesting. Lambert's never had much money to spend so I wonder if he'll go for some foreign players?

I would hope he looks further afield as he could get better for less. I understand though that my prediction is very extreme and the chances of that amount being offered is slim. I just think the optimism of Lambert coming and Richard getting all excited has gone to my head a bit. :lol:

Personally I think it'll be around £30m-£35m, which would be a very significant amount. Could get some very good players with that if he doesn't limit himself to the UK.

£25M + the proceeds of the hutton sale.
So £25m and £5 then. ;)

Ive heard we've offered Hutton as the compensation package - which seems more than reasonable to me

That's like taking someone's Mercedes and giving them a Mule as payment.

£8m plus 50% of any player sales

£8m plus 50% of any player sales[/quote

I'd be looking more at that amount that £40-50 Million. I think that would totally against the grain of the last season or so in our cost cutting exercise. I'd love to think Lambert would get a fair amount though to at least work the transfer market.

That would at best get us 2 new players. I can't believe PL would come for that - it has to be at least 15m. I also have a hunch the Zog maybe a surprise departure - bringing in another £10M

not even close

That would at best get us 2 new players. I can't believe PL would come for that - it has to be at least 15m. I also have a hunch the Zog maybe a surprise departure - bringing in another £10M

there are lots of bosmans out there...........

£25M + the proceeds of the hutton sale.

So £1m to account for the £24m we'd have to pay a team to take Hutton away?!

Whilst I believe that Lambert is likely to become our manager within the next few days, I highly doubt there will be any significant funds - that's just Villa fans hoping for all their Christmases!

We will continue to wheel and deal with minimal outlay, a theory slightly supported by Lambert himself; he's the kind of manager a team wanting to spend wisely would sign as he's never had an open cheque book. Otherwise you'd go for the Capello/AVB route.