Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it makes me laugh when people describe Lambert as miserable and use that as a reason not to appoint him...

they simply cannot come up with a decent arguement against him because his record speaks for itself...

so lets all whinge that he's not Ian "i coulda been a stand up comedian" Holloway in front of the cameras...

dya know what? it actually excites me more that he comes across as stern, hard faced and serious...

it makes me believe that he is more focused, analyses every decision and is completely immersed in achieving success for himself and his club....

still...i guess its easier just to call him a miserable bastard

There is no way that Lambert will spend anywhere near as much time here as Moyes has done at Everton.

He will be off in 4 years. Providing he does well enough for someone to come in for him.

It's true some Villa fans are never happy. Lambert took over Norwich when they had just been beaten 7-1 by Colchester, whom he was managing at the time. He got them promoted to the Championship, got them promoted into the Prem, and has now had a good first season. He won't take any shit - I can't believe a lot of Villa fans are moaning just because he comes across as a bit dour. Ron Saunders anyone?

Spot on. Of all the candidates I would have been happy with OGS, Martinez and Lambert in that order.

However, the job at Villa is a tough one dealing with the bad apples in the camp. Perhaps RL thought that Lambert would be the best one to sort out the mess.

You couldn't get more dour than Ron Saunders, but we all loved him because he got Villa playing great football and its what happens on the pitch that is important. If Lambert is dour but gets us playing anything like the way we played under Ron, the fans will soon stop moaning.

I really hope this "Lambo" nickname doesn't catch on!

He's been called that since the 90s

To be fair Mantis wasnt born then.

What's with the petty insult? :| I know he's often called Lambo, I meant I hope it doesn't catch on amongst Villa fans.

I really hope this "Lambo" nickname doesn't catch on!

Alternative suggestion?

Lambert. :)

Evening All

One slightly gutted but still optimistic for our future Norwich fan checking in with some questions for you....

What are you expectations for next season now PL will be your manager?

What do you want to see from him?

What would cause you to lose patience or turn on him?

No agenda in asking these, just genuinely interested

Cheers in advance for your replies

KA

If a bigger club than Villa comes in for Lambert then it will mean he would have been a massive success for us (Champions League or winning a cup or two) so I don''t worry about this guff about him (or any manager) moving on if something bigger comes along.