Stan Petrov

LondonLax

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

That's true, but there is a 3rd choice which is that I'd rather have a player who wants to play for our club and whose legs have not gone.  "At least he's not Bacuna" is not enough justification to include someone next season IMO.

Completely agree, but at the moment we need to find at least 11 of them.....

How many Athletes have come back from such a horrific disease? i can think of Guttierez and Lance Armstrong. Armstong did win the TDF after cancer, granted with drugs but we aren't asking Stan to get to that level. Even if he can just perform as a functional championship player for 20 games hed be worth it.

Be great to have him back and in around the squad, he'd be a calming influence that we haven't had since he left, fantastic player and he'd be a great asset for this football club again. We haven't properly replaced him since he left the first time, one of the best players I've seen in a villa shirt, I'll never forget his debut away at West Ham, he was the best player on the pitch, one of the best debuts I've seen

Edited by sir_gary_cahill
  • Like 2

I'd love this to happen. 

Career mode on fifa 17 is going to be great. Bring villa back up with stan as captain. 

For the next 12 months 'hes not bacuna' is perfectly fine for me while we change this entire squad. 

• Like 1

But his fitness before the illness was, let's say not great. He was blowing smoke after 30 minutes and after 55 he was completely gone.

Can't see any sense in this, very naive to think you can just walk back into the game at his age after such a  disease and long time out.

Unless he's been in touch with Lance Armstrong's ex doctor...

• Like 4

No no no.

Yes we are in the shit. Yes we need to find committed players.  Yes most of our squad will go.  Yes he was a fans favourite.  But seriously?

I think people are letting sentiment blind them to reality.

Life threatening illness,  not played in 3 -4 years, nowhere near match fit and people expect him to play again for us in the championship? Is this where we are?

No No No

• Like 3

Just now, Richard said:

No no no.

Yes we are in the shit. Yes we need to find committed players.  Yes most of our squad will go.  Yes he was a fans favourite.  But seriously?

Life threatening illness,  not played in 3 -4 years, nowhere near match fit and people expect him to play again for us in the championship? Is this where we are?

No No No

Probably are, but it doesn't matter, its the fact that he wants to try that says so much for the man.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Probably are, but it doesn't matter, its the fact that he wants to try that says so much for the man.

I'm not for one minute suggesting otherwise.  

7 minutes ago, Richard said:

No no no.

No No No

Just tell me what we have to lose in giving him a go.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Just tell me what we have to lose in giving him a go.

Football matches.

In a season that we should be aiming to win some for a **** change

11 minutes ago, Richard said:

No no no.

No No No

Most people aren't expecting him to play that much of a part. The point is that he'd be a massive influence in the dressing room.

• Like 3

Â