Stan Petrov

LondonLax

Always have a place at the club. I can't say if he's beyond playing although apparently he's been training with the under 21's for a few months.

He can show the others how to fight, but I think he should be looking at more of a coaching role now. Has a lot to offer which could be a season of occasional appearances off the bench, but most likely a coaching role.

It's good to hear that he feels physically able to even contemplate it, so in that sense good on you Stan and the best of luck with it.  But with the best will in the world, I can't see it happening.  And as others have said, we should be, and no doubt are looking at other options.  But hey, if he does somehow get back to a level where using him in the Chumpionship becomes a plausible option then no-one would be more surprised and chuffed than me.

• Like 3

I wouldn't be averse to bringing him just for the influence he'll have in the dressing room. If we had more people with his kind of mentality than words removed like Lescott and Gabby we wouldn't be in this position.

• Like 1

in all the PR moves the club has done in last few months to get fans onsite this would be the lowest of the low. He hasnt played in nearly 5 seasons and it wouldnt be fair on anybody especially Petrov himself. He isnt going to say no if club offered him a role again

• Like 1

Â