Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

Patrick Viera HAHAHAHA. Why is Mancini using this bizarre aproach of buying a player who's past it... it's the same with Slyvinho - why did they buy him when they could of got their hands on any left-back they wanted to. Just strange... I really don't understand why they'd do this, are they trying to set this weird trend of having shit loads of money but buying old players where the manager thinks he'll still 'fit' into the team? but in all fairness, would be hilarious if Barry lost his place to Viera lol.

Juan Sebastian Veron has claimed he turned down a big money move to Man City.

Huge money move to Man Utd - flopped. Sold on very soon, reputation damaged.

Huge money move to Chelsea - flopped. Sold on very soon, reputation damaged.

Even if Man City haven't taken on board his disastrous form in England, at least Veron has, and clearly doesn't want his reputation in ruins again. Cracking player outside of the PL, pathetic one in it.

I was wondering about Barry, Ireland, De Jong, Kompany with Vieira coming in. As he's Mancini's purchase you must assume he'll be first choice. I think it's more likely that De Jong and/or Kompany will be omitted. Ireland hasn't exactly set the world alight this season or played in every game.

Juan Sebastian Veron has claimed he turned down a big money move to Man City.

Huge money move to Man Utd - flopped. Sold on very soon, reputation damaged.

Huge money move to Chelsea - flopped. Sold on very soon, reputation damaged.

Even if Man City haven't taken on board his disastrous form in England, at least Veron has, and clearly doesn't want his reputation in ruins again. Cracking player outside of the PL, pathetic one in it.

I think Veron would have came if not a World Cup year as last time he was damaged going into 2002 World Cup by form in England.

Also seen them linked with Riquelme a great player but very moody and cant imagine him and Bellamy getting on. On or Off the pitch

Mancini certainly keeping up his reputation of signing old players..

Everyone they've been linked with so far have been over 30. Viera, Riquelme, Veron, plus no doubt most of the AC defense in the coming weeks.

Ireland would be freakin' awesome for us. Not that they'd sell.

"This". My first choice as a new CM by miles. Would never have happened with Hughes at the helm but with Manccini, who knows?

Not that I expect us to buy anyone this window but over the summer would be just fine.

I was wondering about Barry, Ireland, De Jong, Kompany with Vieira coming in. As he's Mancini's purchase you must assume he'll be first choice. I think it's more likely that De Jong and/or Kompany will be omitted. Ireland hasn't exactly set the world alight this season or played in every game.

Kompany will be used at CB

The Man City-B'Burn game is on ESPN over here, just started.

One of the things that I love and admire about English football is the exceptional way you observe a moment of silence, started and ended with the referee's whistle, after which a big cheer goes up. It is special.

That said, go Blackburn!

The Man City-B'Burn game is on ESPN over here, just started.

One of the things that I love and admire about English football is the exceptional way you observe a moment of silence, started and ended with the referee's whistle, after which a big cheer goes up. It is special.

That said, go Blackburn!

I think the mics are usually turned right down on the telly. :(

Â