Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

Given is the only player I feel sorry for. He left Newcastle to stay in the premiership, Man City bought him. All the others are just money grabbers.

I dont feel sorry for Given. He ditched the club he helped get relegated...

Given was their best player last season.

Shocking treatment to Hughes, althoug he became an arrogant clearing in the woods for no real reason. So glad we have an owner that knows the game of football and things can't be turned around in 4 months of a season. Hope Barry's enjoying himself up there!

Quite the opposite, really.

Randy Lerner doesn't know much about football.

But he also knows that he doesn't know much, and thus absolutely trusts MON's judgement.

Hasn't Lerner been a football fan (taking intrests in Arsenal, Villa and Fulham) since he was at Cambridge Uni in the early/mid-80's?

Given is the only player I feel sorry for. He left Newcastle to stay in the premiership, Man City bought him. All the others are just money grabbers.

nonetheless

Shocking treatment to Hughes, althoug he became an arrogant clearing in the woods for no real reason. So glad we have an owner that knows the game of football and things can't be turned around in 4 months of a season. Hope Barry's enjoying himself up there!

Quite the opposite, really.

Randy Lerner doesn't know much about football.

But he also knows that he doesn't know much, and thus absolutely trusts MON's judgement.

Hasn't Lerner been a football fan (taking intrests in Arsenal, Villa and Fulham) since he was at Cambridge Uni in the early/mid-80's?

Abramovich probably subscribes to that theory but, since he sacked Moaninho they've only won CC and FA CUP...

nonetheless

Given could and should have left Newcastle in any of the transfer windows in the last 4 years, he should be admired for staying as long as he did.

I'm really not sure that was his motivation to be honest, I don't blame him for going but lets be honest it wasn't to stay in the Prem if it had been he could have waited until the summer and moved if they went down.

It is highly likely he would have kept them up if he had stayed.

I'm really not sure that was his motivation to be honest, I don't blame him for going but lets be honest it wasn't to stay in the Prem if it had been he could have waited until the summer and moved if they went down.

It is highly likely he would have kept them up if he had stayed.

ONe of the reasons he left the club because of Ashley and Wise treatment of Keegan plus the day they lost 5-1 to the Scouse and he won man of teh match he said that this club isnt going anywhere fast.

Which was wrong they went to Champonship in 6 months.

As for Mancini apparently he is friends with the Sheikh so maybe wont get sacked if he fails

So, is Mancini any good? I was under the impression that Citeh's next appointment would be a Mourinho or Hiddink or something.

He is not very good at all. He won Serie A because of Calciopoli where Milan were docked points and Juventus relegated and they raided Juventus for their best players. They won by default

Both these clubs havent recovered since.

So, is Mancini any good? I was under the impression that Citeh's next appointment would be a Mourinho or Hiddink or something.

He is not very good at all. He won Serie A because of Calciopoli where Milan were docked points and Juventus relegated and they raided Juventus for their best players. They won by default

This.

He did do a fairly decent job with Lazio before his Inter appointment though. The funny thing is that Inter fans didn't like him too much because they let in a lot of silly goals and drew too much for their liking.

Relative to MON, he doesn't know much about football. I really don't see Randy getting into a debate of 4-5-1 vs. 4-4-2 with MON, for instance.

The important thing is that we have a chairman who doesn't think he knows more about football than the manager.

Of the few fans of Italian football I know he's apparently quite limited - he has a plan A, and if that goes wrong it all goes wrong for him.

Also, I'd imagine since he's only managed in Italy he might take a while to get going in the Prem, with it being so different, and probably will look to Italy for players as well, which mightn't work fantastically at first.

This.

He did do a fairly decent job with Lazio before his Inter appointment though. The funny thing is that Inter fans didn't like him too much because they let in a lot of silly goals and drew too much for their liking.

Sounds familiar. Oh wait... :lol:

Given is a rocket polisher of the highest order. We're all jealous of him for playing at Man City apparently:

Given said: "I was a little bit surprised by the reaction to Gareth. He deserves a lot of credit for what he has done for Villa. It is a bit harsh on him getting booed and the reception he got.

"He was at Villa for so many years and did great service, got them £12m after Villa hardly paid a penny for him as well, so I thought it was a bit unfair. A bit strange.

"Gareth has come to us and wants to further his career and hopefully win trophies and I think the fans should respect what he has done for the club and move on.

"Fans up and down the country are perhaps a bit jealous of Man City in the sense that they have new owners and what they can bring to the club. But they should respect Gareth for what he did beforehand."

Given is happy with City's start to the season and believes the game at Villa shows how much they are progressing as a team.

He said: "We need to get up there in the top half of the table and we have had a very decent start to the season. Maybe last season we would have struggled with a game like the one at Villa, who are a strong team, and we showed a lot of spirit and character to come back into the game.

"We didn't start the game very well but we responded in the second half and during that period, if anyone was going to win it, I thought it was ourselves."

Given is a rocket polisher of the highest order. We're all jealous of him for playing at Man City apparently:

Given said: "I was a little bit surprised by the reaction to Gareth. He deserves a lot of credit for what he has done for Villa. It is a bit harsh on him getting booed and the reception he got.

"He was at Villa for so many years and did great service, got them £12m after Villa hardly paid a penny for him as well, so I thought it was a bit unfair. A bit strange.

"Gareth has come to us and wants to further his career and hopefully win trophies and I think the fans should respect what he has done for the club and move on.

"Fans up and down the country are perhaps a bit jealous of Man City in the sense that they have new owners and what they can bring to the club. But they should respect Gareth for what he did beforehand."

Given is happy with City's start to the season and believes the game at Villa shows how much they are progressing as a team.

He said: "We need to get up there in the top half of the table and we have had a very decent start to the season. Maybe last season we would have struggled with a game like the one at Villa, who are a strong team, and we showed a lot of spirit and character to come back into the game.

"We didn't start the game very well but we responded in the second half and during that period, if anyone was going to win it, I thought it was ourselves."

So, how is it back in October?

Given is spot on Barry gave us good service and only the blinkered can deny that.

He is right about the jealousy part as well lots of people hate City because they have money because top4 fans are worried they will have to switch to a new team

Though it would seem footballers and football supporters come from different planets (wages,lifestyles etc) i think these huge gaps between clubs and fans stem from the likes of Garry Cook and Peter Kenyon.

I do have sympathy for Mark Hughes, he was thrown into the deep end somewhat. To go from coaching the likes of Ryan Nelson and Christopher Samba to Adebayor, Robinho, Tevez etc, is a huge step up. I doubt the respect was ever there especially from Adebayor.

And i wouldn't be at all suprised if Cook viewed Mark Hughes in the same way he viewed Richard Dunne. It all seems to be about big names that will sell shirts all over the world, with the expectancy of success to happen over night.

Â