Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barry is much more than a defensive MF.

He didn't play defensive MF for us, and hence can offer citeh much more than de jong or Vieira or the flamable man.

It will be GB plus 1 other in CM, IMO. De Jong or Flamini IMO. Don't think Paddy V fits in at all.

Don't think Paddy V fits in at all.

Well he has to, though. As far as I know he wanted the move so he could get playing time before the world cup, so I'd think Mancini has promised him he'll be playing.

Well he has to, though. As far as I know he wanted the move so he could get playing time before the world cup, so I'd think Mancini has promised him he'll be playing.

:?

I understand what you're saying HJ, but you can't promise that to any player.

what if he's not up to it?

I think he's probably been told he'll get a fair crack of the whip, but i also think he'll prove to be not up to it.

IMHO, all these boys would get in CM ahead of Paddy V:

Barry

De Jong

Flamable

Ireland

And where does the excellent Steven Ireland fit into all this?

Hopefully next to Downing, Milner, Young and Petrov in our midfield of a 4-5-1 formation.

This is what I was hinting at.

An MON type player I would say.

And where does the excellent Steven Ireland fit into all this?

Hopefully next to Downing, Milner, Young and Petrov in our midfield of a 4-5-1 formation.

This is what I was hinting at.

An MON type player I would say.

Was about to post the same thing. Cracking little player who'd fit very well with us and combining with Mr Milner would give us more drive and creativity from the middle of the park.

Anyone take a guess how much they'd want for him?

I think he's probably been told he'll get a fair crack of the whip, but i also think he'll prove to be not up to it.

Barry

De Jong

Flamable

Ireland

You can promise whatever you like to a player to get him to sign, he wouldnt of moved there if there wasnt the promise of regular football.

Barry

De Jong

Flamable

Ireland

You can promise whatever you like to a player to get him to sign, he wouldnt of moved there if there wasnt the promise of regular football.

indeed you can.

your point being? Mancini was lying to him?

i said Paddy V won't fit in. I was told he has to. I disagreed.

I don't think he will fit in, no matter what has been said to him to get him to come.

You cannot guarantee/promise a player they will play every game come what may, not in a legal way anyway.

If Paddy V has some sort of guarantee that he will play every league game in his contract, i'd be very surprised.

also ....

fantastic way to keep a player happy.

Sign him under false pretences.

Cracking man management.

Â