Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

And if Hughes seriously wants people to believe that he didn't know he was in trouble after that criminally inept performance against Tottenham, then I really feel sorry for him.

I feel sorry for him because I get the impression that he believed that he was actually an integral part of what was going on at Citeh which he obviously wasn't (or at least that when he was given the support of the club that they weren't in secret meetings sounding out a replacement).

If Mancini thinks he'll be any different then he, too, deserves pity.

To me, it's a bit like the mistress becoming the new wife - she knows the man she is marrying is a cheat and she shouldn't expect anything different in the future.

We've forgotten what shockingly bad defending looks like ;)

lets hope Roberto's arrival will put an end to it!

lets hope not,id love to see your clubs plans fail tbh..

so you'd rather we didn't replace ManUre in The Big Four?

Yup, Manure deserve it.

Because now you're Billy Big Balls FC it's not acceptable to have a bad performance?

Have you not happened to notice our shockingly bad 'defending' over the last 2-3 months?

Oh I agree. It was you that highlighted a specific game as if it was an affront to your big club sensibilities.

id much rather Man utd be where they are,you's dont deserve shit in comparison to them.do you really think its going to be that easy to get to there level anyway??..

Because now you're Billy Big Balls FC it's not acceptable to have a bad performance?

Have you not happened to notice our shockingly bad 'defending' over the last 2-3 months?

So whys Cook not out the door, it was him who sold Dunne, not Hughes.

They're making a big deal of when it was decided to get rid of Hughes and the way he went about it.

Which, to any grown up who knows how sackings are done, shouldn't have been such a big deal.

So why did Cook act like a schoolboy in attempting to conceal when Mancini was approached?

You can't expect to act like an idiot in front of the national press and expect them to ignore it.

id much rather Man utd be where they are,you's dont deserve shit in comparison to them.do you really think its going to be that easy to get to there level anyway??..

Why do Manure deserve it? Because they have been spending money for a longer period of time?

I'd much rather see Citeh up there. Mainly because of their good support.

i doubt theres a (non city/leeds/liverpool supporting) football fan in the world who'd like to see city replace united, a club steeped in history, in the top 4

i doubt theres a (non city/leeds/liverpool supporting) football fan in the world who'd like to see city replace united, a club steeped in history, in the top 4

Look up 2 posts.

They're making a big deal of when it was decided to get rid of Hughes and the way he went about it.

Which, to any grown up who knows how sackings are done, shouldn't have been such a big deal.

So why did Cook act like a schoolboy in attempting to conceal when Mancini was approached?

You can't expect to act like an idiot in front of the national press and expect them to ignore it.

I'm no fan of Cook.

And have been publicly critical for his faux pas for over a year now.

But, as for today's result,...and performance,.....Mancini has tightened up our approach to defending and am looking forward to more improvements

So whys Cook not out the door, it was him who sold Dunne, not Hughes.

Hughes' defensive 'strategy' caused Dunne to look worse than he was last year due to having to cover for full backs who seemed to consider themselves as attacking wingers as defenders.

Which 'strategy' has continued into this season.

Until Mancini recognised the problem and put a stop to it today.

Hughes, in his wisdom, thought Dunne was a major part of our defensive problem.

Martin O'Neill was astute enough to recognise that he wasn't

It remains to be seen whether we have good enough full backs to do it consistently, but Mancini has a month to size them up

In response to your posts in the Arsenal ratings thread Citeh fan:-

We get it mate, Citeh are now world class again and you're gonna take over the world with the magic Italian bla bla.

You are the kind of reason why people don't want City to get the top 4. I'd much prefer Spurs. Too much too soon for you arrogant sods. You're no better than your friends from the proper team in Manchester, you know, the one you'll forever be in the shadow of?!

There's absolutely nothing to suggest you're gonna get top 4 over us or Spurs.

Too true.

I used to actually think Man City fans were safe, but ever since the old barons have come in they've turned billy big bollox and are now on par with the plastic fans in Trafford.

2-0 win against Stoke and now they've turned the corner. What a joke.

No class, and they won't finish 4th. Their club is a circus.

Richards, Toure, Zabaleta, Bridge, Sylvinho and Kompany are all very capable players on their day (with the possible exception of Bridge who I've always thought is a bit suspect) but they need an experienced organisor with them to knit them together I think.

Mancini might well be a good coach, but you can't make that group into a unit overnight and I think your back four will continue to make it difficult for you this season.

I'm also not convinced that you've found a shape or a balance that suits you up front, there are oodles of really good quality players trying to get into the side, and in some respects I think you'd be better if one or two were guaranteed places and one or two were shipped out.

I think all of the contenders for fourth have weaknesses and I think it'll be tight, but at this point I'm more worried about Spurs than City, that's not to say you can't do it, just that I'm not sure you will.

I'm more worried about City myself, they can have bad tactics and a shite defence, but they are only a short time away from splashing out on far better players than we can afford.

It would be nice for a good prudent and honest club as ourselves to get into the Top 4, but I think we all know deep down money talks, and Man City have more than us.

They do, and they'll get it right over the next few seasons, I just don't think they'll get it right this season. In fact, they might be best served in spending this season finding a settled shape and style regardless of results, then pushing for bigger prizes next season.

• 2 weeks later...
Â