Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

You don't go to Citeh for a Wenger (let alone a Ferguson!) style long reign where you put your stamp on the club that will last for long after you leave, you go there knowing that you're not going to be there for long and get some cash.

So the players will be unsettled and unsure of their future as every manager can have a different short-term vision and given the money buy and sell and sell and buy endlessly. Still, all the better for us.

Given is a rocket polisher of the highest order. We're all jealous of him for playing at Man City apparently:

Given said: "I was a little bit surprised by the reaction to Gareth. He deserves a lot of credit for what he has done for Villa. It is a bit harsh on him getting booed and the reception he got.

"He was at Villa for so many years and did great service, got them £12m after Villa hardly paid a penny for him as well, so I thought it was a bit unfair. A bit strange.

"Gareth has come to us and wants to further his career and hopefully win trophies and I think the fans should respect what he has done for the club and move on.

"Fans up and down the country are perhaps a bit jealous of Man City in the sense that they have new owners and what they can bring to the club. But they should respect Gareth for what he did beforehand."

Given is happy with City's start to the season and believes the game at Villa shows how much they are progressing as a team.

He said: "We need to get up there in the top half of the table and we have had a very decent start to the season. Maybe last season we would have struggled with a game like the one at Villa, who are a strong team, and we showed a lot of spirit and character to come back into the game.

"We didn't start the game very well but we responded in the second half and during that period, if anyone was going to win it, I thought it was ourselves."

So, how is it back in October?

It's better to use the clever ones for when they're appropriate. What does the date he said it have to do with anything?

Given is a rocket polisher of the highest order. We're all jealous of him for playing at Man City apparently:

Given said: "I was a little bit surprised by the reaction to Gareth. He deserves a lot of credit for what he has done for Villa. It is a bit harsh on him getting booed and the reception he got.

"He was at Villa for so many years and did great service, got them £12m after Villa hardly paid a penny for him as well, so I thought it was a bit unfair. A bit strange.

"Gareth has come to us and wants to further his career and hopefully win trophies and I think the fans should respect what he has done for the club and move on.

"Fans up and down the country are perhaps a bit jealous of Man City in the sense that they have new owners and what they can bring to the club. But they should respect Gareth for what he did beforehand."

Given is happy with City's start to the season and believes the game at Villa shows how much they are progressing as a team.

He said: "We need to get up there in the top half of the table and we have had a very decent start to the season. Maybe last season we would have struggled with a game like the one at Villa, who are a strong team, and we showed a lot of spirit and character to come back into the game.

"We didn't start the game very well but we responded in the second half and during that period, if anyone was going to win it, I thought it was ourselves."

Given is spot on Barry gave us good service and only the blinkered can deny that.

He is right about the jealousy part as well lots of people hate City because they have money because top4 fans are worried they will have to switch to a new team

I've never had anything against Barry and wish him all the best. But I take massive issue with some of the stuff Given says there:

* Got us 12m when we paid very little for him. Like he was doing us some massive service and we should all be grateful he managed to get 12m from moneybags Man City for poor little Villa.

* Going to City to further his career. According to who? Not everyone thinks like that and them being above us isn't true now and isn't likely to be for a while.

* It's not his place to tell fans they're jealous of Man City having money. It's really patronising.

Gareth has come to us and wants to further his career and hopefully win trophies and I think the fans should respect what he has done for the club and move on.

:suspect: I suppose technically he's right because he has gone there to further his career but not in the traditional footballing sense as he claimed. Barry has 'furthered his career' like you or I would, gone to do the same job on a longer contract for much more money.

Fans up and down the country are perhaps a bit jealous of Man City in the sense that they have new owners and what they can bring to the club. But they should respect Gareth for what he did beforehand.

Oh **** off. He had ample chances to preserve his respect. He tried as hard as he greedy well could to engineer a move to plop, backstabbing the manager on his agents advice in the process.

His patronising bullshit backward reasoned letter was just the final nail in the coffin of his legacy.

Anyone watching the Citeh press conference?

I get the impression from the amount of shouting after Cook finished his statement and the type of questions being posed to Mancini that the press are going to be out to get Citeh for the rest of the season.

If Mancini thought he was going to be in for an easy ride (from the media at least) then he really ought to think again.

What has Given ever done to offend anyone? :?

Well, I remember watching him stopping everything thrown at him (apart from one effort obviously) in a 1-1 against Newcastle a few years ago.

That really offended me :winkold:; absolutely unbelievable he was that game.

Anyone watching the Citeh press conference?

I get the impression from the amount of shouting after Cook finished his statement and the type of questions being posed to Mancini that the press are going to be out to get Citeh for the rest of the season.

If Mancini thought he was going to be in for an easy ride (from the media at least) then he really ought to think again.

Agree and boy what an arrogant cock Cook is.

A lot of City fans don't appreciate Cook either.. Not the least because a few weeks back in an award party speech he welcomed Uwe Rosler into Manchester United hall of fame.

Bit OT, but I'm coming round to Robbie Savage.

He stayed and battled for his place at Derby, and fair play to him, he got it back

(I'm not denying that he was a complete and utter tosser at Blues)

Cook wants to be the New Peter Kenyon and is doing a good job of becoming a right p***k.

HIs treatment of Dunne, the Kaka scenario and now the Hughes treatment(like Hughes or not)

He has made City look a smalltime club

Cook wants to be the New Peter Kenyon and is doing a good job of becoming a right p***k.

HIs treatment of Dunne, the Kaka scenario and now the Hughes treatment(like Hughes or not)

He has made City look a smalltime club

Totally agree, he is an absolute prat.

Â