Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

I didn't consider them much of a threat with Hughes in charge, not till the Jan transfer window anyway. Now I'm worried this Mancini will sort them out (I don't know much about him)

Somehow I've got the feeling that he will not and that he will be sacked soon enough to send all the wrong signals to all the quality managers. Basically, stay away unless you want to be a puppet in the hands of immature UAE gloryhunters.

edit: So proud to be Villa, to have a reasonable owner and manager.

Like Chelsea? they've gone thru managers like there's no tomorow, but done alright..

You're right but it all depends on the owner's attitude. After all, Hughes wasn't that long at Man City. I know he was given the funds, bought some very good players, but failed to form an organised team, but still I think the owner/chairman were too impatient and some of my friends from UAE claim that it's typical and they will get bored with the club having no major success at the European stage. Pure speculation though. Just my gut feeling :)

And now seeing all those links and stories above, I can only stress again that something is very wrong at Man City and people like Mourinho (we all know the rumours) are not going to participate in this mess. Amen.

And there is more here

OUTRAGED Manchester City stars confronted chief executive Gary Cook over the sacking of Mark Hughes and the £10million appointment of Roberto Mancini.

Craig Bellamy and Shay Given led a six-man delegation after axed Hughes made an emotional dressing speech telling them he was being replaced by the former Inter Milan boss.

The Italian has been handed a three- and-a-half year deal on £3m a year after a series of meetings with Cook and chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarek following the draw with Hull on November 28.

The players were disgusted at the treatment of Hughes after it emerged his fate was sealed following the Carling Cup victory over Arsenal on December 2.

WARMTH: Hughes with BellamyA dressing room source said: "Mark thanked all the lads at the end of the game and told them this would be his last game because Mancini was taking over. There is a huge amount of loyalty towards Mark, the players respect him as a manager and as a person and they can't believe he's being treated as shabbily as this.

"This has been done without any class whatsoever. The players were getting messages on their mobiles telling them what was going on and they decided they had to do something.

"They know who is behind this - Gary Cook and Brian Marwood. Six of them decided they had to say and do something so they went looking for them after the game.

"Perhaps it was a futile gesture but they had to do something because they were so furious."

Mancini's deal includes a £1million bonus if City finish in the top four this season. And he'll pick up another £1m for every trophy he wins over the course of his contract.

Here

Oh and then there is this....

Kolo Toure wants to quit Manchester City after less than a season at Eastlands.

It is another stunning blow for beleaguered City, and is the first problem new boss Roberto Mancini will inherit as he succeeds Mark Hughes.

Toure’s advisers have been hawking the defender to several Spanish clubs.

Here

I wouldn't call that bad news.

The Italian has been handed a three- and-a-half year deal on £3m a year

Sound, sensible business decisions.

I fully expect them to win their next two and them to throw a five year extension with a £2m pay-rise at him.

Oh and then there is this....

Kolo Toure wants to quit Manchester City after less than a season at Eastlands.

It is another stunning blow for beleaguered City, and is the first problem new boss Roberto Mancini will inherit as he succeeds Mark Hughes.

Toure’s advisers have been hawking the defender to several Spanish clubs.

Here

I wouldn't call that bad news.

Was about to say that. Can't say it would be a terrible lost for them.

Shocking treatment to Hughes, althoug he became an arrogant clearing in the woods for no real reason. So glad we have an owner that knows the game of football and things can't be turned around in 4 months of a season. Hope Barry's enjoying himself up there!

Quite the opposite, really.

Randy Lerner doesn't know much about football.

But he also knows that he doesn't know much, and thus absolutely trusts MON's judgement.

I didn't consider them much of a threat with Hughes in charge, not till the Jan transfer window anyway. Now I'm worried this Mancini will sort them out (I don't know much about him)

Somehow I've got the feeling that he will not and that he will be sacked soon enough to send all the wrong signals to all the quality managers. Basically, stay away unless you want to be a puppet in the hands of immature UAE gloryhunters.

I don't think Mancini is expecting to be Citeh's manager in August 2011. He'll bank some big wages until then, but I think he knows that he's not building anything long-term. You don't go to Citeh for a Wenger (let alone a Ferguson!) style long reign where you put your stamp on the club that will last for long after you leave, you go there knowing that you're not going to be there for long and get some cash.

But he also knows that he doesn't know much, and thus absolutely trusts MON's judgement.

This.

The City owners just don't seem to have a clue.

"You really don't know. You think you know, but you don't know. And you never will." -- Jim Mora

(I wish I could find a clip of that on youtube, but "playoffs?" and "diddly poo" swamp that one out).

The players pressed him about what was happening and Hughes replied: "You'll see over the next 24 hours. I can't say any more."

A dressing room source said: "Mark thanked all the lads at the end of the game and told them this would be his last game because Mancini was taking over.

Somehow, I think the NOTW's source might not exist...

I don't think Mancini is expecting to be Citeh's manager in August 2011. He'll bank some big wages until then, but I think he knows that he's not building anything long-term. You don't go to Citeh for a Wenger (let alone a Ferguson!) style long reign where you put your stamp on the club that will last for long after you leave, you go there knowing that you're not going to be there for long and get some cash.

Exactly why the players are there too.

Given is the only player I feel sorry for. He left Newcastle to stay in the premiership, Man City bought him. All the others are just money grabbers.

I dont feel sorry for Given. He ditched the club he helped get relegated...

Â