Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

I cant imagine City coming for any of our players as can see Mancio buying a few from Itlay.

First targets will be Barzagli or Chiellini for centre half

hopefully not........well...maybe we could buy lescott for 4 0r 5 million then

I still can't believe Hughes lasted that long. The owners of City apparently agreed with the coaching staff at the start of the season a set target for the season, why not give him the season? They're still in touching distance of the top 4 and they're in a cup semi final, ridiculous decision IMO Gary Cook has too much control.

I didn't consider them much of a threat with Hughes in charge, not till the Jan transfer window anyway. Now I'm worried this Mancini will sort them out (I don't know much about him)

I didn't consider them much of a threat with Hughes in charge, not till the Jan transfer window anyway. Now I'm worried this Mancini will sort them out (I don't know much about him)

Dont worry he is worse than Hughes. Only got a stranglehold in Seris A as big 2 were relegated and still havent really recovered

I cant imagine City coming for any of our players as can see Mancio buying a few from Itlay.

First targets will be Barzagli or Chiellini for centre half

hopefully not........well...maybe we could buy lescott for 4 0r 5 million then

Do we really need a fifth choice centre-half?

Somehow I've got the feeling that he will not and that he will be sacked soon enough to send all the wrong signals to all the quality managers. Basically, stay away unless you want to be a puppet in the hands of immature UAE gloryhunters.

edit: So proud to be Villa, to have a reasonable owner and manager.

Somehow I've got the feeling that he will not and that he will be sacked soon enough to send all the wrong signals to all the quality managers. Basically, stay away unless you want to be a puppet in the hands of immature UAE gloryhunters.

edit: So proud to be Villa, to have a reasonable owner and manager.

Like Chelsea? they've gone thru managers like there's no tomorow, but done alright..

Check out the mornings stories on City

The departing manager's farewell speech after his team's 4-3 win over Sunderland sparked a dressing room rebellion.

Shay Given, probably Hughes' best buy for City, led a delegation of stars to tell City executive chairman Garry Cook that they wanted Hughes to stay.

Hughes, 46, waved forlornly to the crowd at the end of the match and headed to the home dressing room.

He told the City stars: "I'm proud of you. You've done a great job for Manchester City. Thanks for all you've done for me.

"This is a fine club, keep fighting for the club."

The players pressed him about what was happening and Hughes replied: "You'll see over the next 24 hours. I can't say any more."

The players realised this was their manager's farewell and Given led a a group to confront Cook.

Here

And then there is this...

Sources close to the Eastlands board claimed that Mancini believed he was taking over 19 days ago. It is alleged that City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak met Mancini in London on November 30.

Mancini has told friends he reached an outline agreement on his new job and would be working for the mega-wealthy Arabs.

However, two days later City smashed Arsenal 3-0 to reach the Carling Cup semi-finals. Sacking Hughes seemed inconceivable with the club on a high.

But with Chelsea due in Manchester a few days later the next opportunity for Hughes to face the chop appeared imminent. Yet City won their clash with the Premier League leaders 2-1.

Hughes may not have known he was a dead man walking but his team were doing him proud. Even with 10 men at Bolton, they fought back three times to grab a 3-3 draw.

Last Wednesday's 3-0 defeat at Tottenham proved the moment for the City hierarchy to strike. The plan was to have Mancini in place for his appointment this weekend. Plans were set for a Monday mpress conference to announce the switch.

But yesterday the Italian rumour mill was cranked up in some style and football's worst-kept secret leaked out.

Here

Oh and then there is this....

Kolo Toure wants to quit Manchester City after less than a season at Eastlands.

It is another stunning blow for beleaguered City, and is the first problem new boss Roberto Mancini will inherit as he succeeds Mark Hughes.

Toure’s advisers have been hawking the defender to several Spanish clubs.

Here

Â