Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

Don't think Mancini is the man fo them to move on with. When money is no object they should have gotten a top manager with Premier League experience (Mourinho / Hiddink / Wenger) Bet he doesn't make the end of the season.

Their spending is not sustainable tho, they won't spend like that every season.

Yes it is. Do you not realise how much money the owner has? This isn't just Abramovich style richers, they make him look homeless. They could spend it every season, and then some, without even noticing.

Don't think Mancini is the man fo them to move on with. When money is no object they should have gotten a top manager with Premier League experience (Mourinho / Hiddink / Wenger) Bet he doesn't make the end of the season.
Agreed, they need an ego who has had success in this league, such as Mourinho.

Agreed, they need an ego who has had success in this league, such as Mourinho.

If i were them I'd be very tempted to take Capello, however, they might be burning their bridges with the FA if they bought him out of his contract and left England in the shit ahead of the WC.

Absolutely crackers getting rid of Hughes like this. Hopefully they'll stuff up their Caring Cup semi's, have a massive clearout in Jan to make way for the next wave of self regarding prima donnas and we can pick up the striking equivalent of Richard Dunne for a pittance - RSC would be nice.

Yes it is. Do you not realise how much money the owner has? This isn't just Abramovich style richers, they make him look homeless. They could spend it every season, and then some, without even noticing.

But their long-term goal surely has to be to make the organisation self-sustaining?

Abramovic has been at Chelsea for 7/8 years. They've won the league several times, been in the CL every season and are still way way off target.

Man Citeh's spending has been unprecedented and they won't win anything for 2 years at least. I doubt very much they will spend anything like they did last summer again. When Richard Dunne was sold to us Dunne spoke of his arguments with Garry Cook, who said that he needed to sell Dunne as Citeh "needed the money".

There will come a time when the owners will leave (and probably sooner than expected) and unless they are relatively sustainable they will go bust. If Roman left Chelsea now they would be utterly screwed and would probably be liquidated, and they've finished in the Top 4 for 10 years straight.

I've also heard that the owners have been lining up Mancini for over a month, and the final curtain was the Tottenham game.

I've also heard that the owners have been demanding that Robinho plays whenever he is fit as his only role at the club is to sell shirts.

Whatever the story is, I am so thankful that we have someone like Randy as our owner, who will NEVER interfere or undermine the manager of the club the way that Hughes was by Citeh. They have shown themselves up today to be nothing more than a load of big-time charlies, run by people who know nothing about football.

All he really has to do is improve their defence. 16 goals conceded in last 7 games.

Whatever the story is, I am so thankful that we have someone like Randy as our owner, who will NEVER interfere or undermine the manager of the club the way that Hughes was by Citeh. They have shown themselves up today to be nothing more than a load of big-time charlies, run by people who know nothing about football.

Definatly this bit. We`ll stick to our way i think.

But their long-term goal surely has to be to make the organisation self-sustaining?

Abramovic has been at Chelsea for 7/8 years. They've won the league several times, been in the CL every season and are still way way off target.

Man Citeh's spending has been unprecedented and they won't win anything for 2 years at least. I doubt very much they will spend anything like they did last summer again. When Richard Dunne was sold to us Dunne spoke of his arguments with Garry Cook, who said that he needed to sell Dunne as Citeh "needed the money".

There will come a time when the owners will leave (and probably sooner than expected) and unless they are relatively sustainable they will go bust. If Roman left Chelsea now they would be utterly screwed and would probably be liquidated, and they've finished in the Top 4 for 10 years straight.

I've also heard that the owners have been lining up Mancini for over a month, and the final curtain was the Tottenham game.

I've also heard that the owners have been demanding that Robinho plays whenever he is fit as his only role at the club is to sell shirts.

I concur, it's not healthy in the long term to run a football club like that. You can see what Randy's doing here, he wants the club to be self efficient, and to be existing long after him. Randy's strategy is coherent and sensible. Theirs isn't long term friendly, they're looking for instant success today, but they may not have a tommorrow if they continue in the same preposterous manner.

Lets say Man City want one of the Villa players in January. And will bid big money. The Barry transfer will in my opinion turn any of our big stars off Man City. Barry is now less guaranteed a starting spot with England, has had his worst season so far for quite a while, and the club are no closer to CL football than we are. I'd love if they came in with a 30 million bid for Milner, and Milner told them piss off, "Im better off with Villa"

Lets say Man City want one of the Villa players in January. And will bid big money. The Barry transfer will in my opinion turn any of our big stars off Man City. Barry is now less guaranteed a starting spot with England, has had his worst season so far for quite a while, and the club are no closer to CL football than we are. I'd love if they came in with a 30 million bid for Milner, and Milner told them piss off, "Im better off with Villa"

Would love it even more if Milner told Barry's place in the England team!

Â