Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

45 minutes ago, nick76 said:

When it’s all done in a couple of years time, please feel free to destroy me if I’m wrong but I’m not holding my breath.

Nick, please don't hold your breath for two years.....😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

All this will do is expedite the creation of the super duper happy fun league.

Off you **** then the lot of you.

I entirely agree. It wouldn't surprise me if they almost wilfully disobeyed the rules in order to provoke a confrontation, and precipitate the  super league. 

We're at a point where the existence of a number of the biggest European teams will be dependent on the SL.

It would be hilarious if no one actually watched it. I would be cackling for a year.

Just now, HKP90 said:

I entirely agree. It wouldn't surprise me if they almost wilfully disobeyed the rules in order to provoke a confrontation, and precipitate the  super league. 

We're at a point where the existence of a number of the biggest European teams will be dependent on the SL.

It would be hilarious if no one actually watched it. I would be cackling for a year.

Almost all of the football watching public will watch it. Rightly or wrongly, the vast majority of people don't give a shit about the good of the game, morals, or any of that other bollocks, they just want to watch the best players play football.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Almost all of the football watching public will watch it. Rightly or wrongly, the vast majority of people don't give a shit about the good of the game, morals, or any of that other bollocks, they just want to watch the best players play football.

Plastic fans from Asia and America will watch it on Sky. I bet the domestic audience in the UK will be awful. Which is perhaps more than anything why I hate the idea of it. The folks who have supported teams in hard times as well as flush for over a Century, chucked out in favour of wealthy casual fans.

22 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I wonder if there could be any impact on us (not necessarily in a bad way) for the way City are funding (or have funded) the  purchase of Grealish? 

Not sure how if honest, they have bought players from Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Everton etc in that time as well so nearly the whole league is effected

Edited by Zatman

3 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

So far, these rules have been a paper tiger. While that must change for the integrity of the sport, where is the evidence that this time is any different? Why won’t Citeh go to a court of sports arbitration or continue to throw their money at litigation that the league can’t afford to counter indefinitely? 

They can't in this instance. Not sure if already answered but catching up on thread

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Imagine if they got relegated to the Championship. Man City vs Bloose. 🤣

Be a walk in the park, every game.

We could finally find out if Pep can do it on a cold rainy Tuesday night in Stoke 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

They can be assumed to have gained 40-50 points a season for the last 14 seasons. Let's split the difference and say 45. So if they start on -45 for the next 14 years that will be a good start.

Simple. Next season they start on -38 points so a point for each game. And the other 19 teams start on +2 points so a point per game against them up already.

Â