Samir Carruthers

VillanousOne

As I originally put its very bad news but then had to edit it. Will be out for a very long time. Wont go into details as its not my place but im sure you can guess. Dont wish it on any player. Hope he makes a speedy recovery because hes the type of squad player we need IMO.

if its any consolation for the lad.. best time to pick up such an injury is near the end of the season. He can try and get back early next season. Unlike Okore who just missed a whole season.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Premier League quality players don't need League One experience

I don't even know where to start with this one, sorry. Jesus.

I have never seen Luke Shaw, Raheem Sterling, Jack Wilshere, Daniel Sturridge etc playing in League One.

So you're saying that Samir Carruthers is as good as them?

Completely different players, in different positions, in different circumstances, doesn't make it right for our youngsters to be thrown in.

You've chosen 4 examples, all of which are pretty much the highest rated youngsters around at the moment  - their natural talent is good enough to allow them to play in the top flight now, do you think that he is as good as them? 

Some players will benefit greatly from a run of first team experience, others will be further along their development at a younger age and not need it. Not all players are indentical and need different coaching and nurturing of their talent. And the only people that will know are the people that work with them week in, week out.

Very disappointing to hear of this injury. He seems to have been doing well on loan, and surely must have been close to getting on to our bench next season.

He should be ok to kick a ball by august, so could well feature in pre season.

• 2 months later...

Any updates on the lad?

At one point he was making bigger strides than Grealish on loan, I would have liked to have seen him involved by now. Hope he plays in the first team next season.

He Grealish and Robinson are exactly the type of players we have been missing.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Lambert mentioned him in an interview on avtv today, said that he was looking forward to seeing him develop this season, i personally doubt he will get a look in unless he does something exceptional in the development squad. Shame, as there is no doubt the lad has bags of ability, and a great football brain from what i saw during the nextgen.

Â