Samir Carruthers

VillanousOne

At 21 if he's not forcd his way into the first team squad and is getting games he's almost certainly not good enough. Just another over hyped product of our academy who will probably make a decent living in the lower leagues.

At 21 if he's not forcd his way into the first team squad and is getting games he's almost certainly not good enough. Just another over hyped product of our academy who will probably make a decent living in the lower leagues.

^^^^^

This - We hold on to our young players far to long - need to be more decisive and a wake up call that any academy will deliver the odd prem player - but not dozens, on dozens,

It’s so frustrating to see him leave without being given a chance in the first team. He done well on loan which is backed up by MK Dons signing him while injured!!

Wish him all the best and I honestly expect him to be playing Championship if not Prem football next season.

• Like 2

It’s not easy to break into the first team when Lambert is the manager and your being cock blocked by the dross he signed like Bowery, Tonev, Helenius, Luna, Sylla and Holt.

FFS he has yet to give any of our players a chance to prove they are better than that lot.

Albrighton walked after being ignored for too long.

• Like 2

It’s not easy to break into the first team when Lambert is the manager and your being cock blocked by the dross he signed like Bowery, Tonev, Helenius, Luna, Sylla and Holt.

FFS he has yet to give any of our players a chance to prove they are better than that lot.

Albrighton walked after being ignored for too long.

I don't think you know the full meaning of the term cock blocked

It’s not easy to break into the first team when Lambert is the manager and your being cock blocked by the dross he signed like Bowery, Tonev, Helenius, Luna, Sylla and Holt.

He wasn't being blocked by them. Remember he is a CM.

It's Delph, Westwood and Gardner.

And it is well accepted that our midfield is atrocious so either way he wasn't given any sort of chance despite only having sub-standard wasters ahead of him.

He isn't purely a CM though anyway. He is versatile and can cover a number of midfield roles.

• Like 1

He's as much a CM as Joe Cole is, however for the purposes of your argument he did play there for Lambert.....the same guy who brought you Agbonlahor the winger and Bacuna the right back.

Sorry to see him go, he has talent.

Agree. Given that we are no longer spending vast amounts of money, I'm puzzled why we have chosen to let him go without giving him a chance with the first team. I could understand a loan deal so he can get game time but maybe the issue is more to do with attitude than ability?

I have a feeling we will regret letting him go.

Edited by Robbie09
  • Like 1

Best of luck to Samir.

I hope he has a good career, although I don't feel it will be a top flight one.

I do wish people would stop over-hyping our young players, very few young players make it into the first team of their respective clubs.

• Like 1

Â