Samir Carruthers

VillanousOne

How much better is Westwood over Carruthers? Right now Westwood is better and has more experience but 

Carruthers has more ability. He also works hard and can tackle. Wouldn't surprise me if there is a tussle for the CM spot between the pair of them at some point if he is kept with the first team.

I think he's still finding his best position. He's playing more centrally now but I'd expect him to start wide to get up to speed then move in once he's done that. He's got tons of ability but as with Gardner needs to step up. Our youth seem very unlucky with injuries!!

Westwood won't be dropped by Lambert ever, not sure why you could fathom otherwise. Not that I would want Carruthers replacing him, we need an actual defensive-midfielder.

Westwood won't be dropped by Lambert ever, not sure why you could fathom otherwise. Not that I would want Carruthers replacing him, we need an actual defensive-midfielder.

Rightly so seeing as he's our only midfielder who can pick a pass. We look awful when he doesn't play.

Edit...'more awful'

Edited by praisedmambo

Rightly so seeing as he's our only midfielder who can pick a pass. We look awful when he doesn't play.

Edit...'more awful'

Which actually makes little difference as we are a low-possession team. Not to mention that Westwood was in the team when we went on our worst run last season so this idea that his presence makes any difference is nonsense and backed up by nothing.

Edit...'more awful'

Which actually makes little difference as we are a low-possession team. Not to mention that Westwood was in the team when we went on our worst run last season so this idea that his presence makes any difference is nonsense and backed up by nothing.

It's probably backed up by looking at his potential replacements.

• Like 1

I mean the claim that we are so much worse without him which ignores the fact that everpresent in the team anyway and thus has been in the team during our worst runs. Just something that seems to be repeated a lot with no thought.

I mean the claim that we are so much worse without him which ignores the fact that everpresent in the team anyway and thus has been in the team during our worst runs. Just something that seems to be repeated a lot with no thought.

Faulkner's gone, so now it's all Westwood's fault? I don't think it's a stretch to say he's at least our second best midfielder by quite some distance, and seeing as we often play 3 central midfielders it's no surprise he plays. My eyes are my evidence, and they say we miss him when he doesn't play. We become even more one dimensional. I can't believe anyone would think to lay the blame for our "worst run last season" on Westwood. Pick a defender I'd say, considering one in particular, imo, was responsible for about 50% of the goals we conceded last season.

Edited by praisedmambo

I'm not sure there's any thought been put into this, some anger beneath the surface maybe, but not thought.

I hope he gets his chance, the sad thing is that N'Zog might be coming back so will take his slot and Cole has been brought in for a position that Samir plays best.

Last year we were desperate for someone to sit behind the front man and play neat balls and take on defenders, Samir was that man. Like Albrighton's ability to play wide Samir was the only natural creative player we had in the middle, he's been pushed back, unless he's Cole's understudy. but I can't see it, Lambert didn't like him (or maybe the coaching staff didn't) and it's absolutely typical of Lambert's reign that natural positions are wasted.

Looking forward to seeing him and Grealish feature a bit next season.

I dont funnily enough as putting youngsters with talent into a struggling team will not help them or us

• Like 1

Faulkner's gone, so now it's all Westwood's fault?

Oh dear. I'm not even wasting any more time with people who can't read a post without some sort of agenda.

is Carruthers fit?

Didn't see him in the training pics?

No he wasn't in the training pics and probably won't be able to kick a ball for another month.

quoting my own posts now, tut tut. just read though that Lambert said he's fit and will be interested to see how he gets on in training, so got back quicker than expected?

Looking forward to seeing him and Grealish feature a bit next season.

I dont funnily enough as putting youngsters with talent into a struggling team will not help them or us

Grealish seemed to both enjoy his time and prosper with Notts County last year while they were struggling. You've gone on a bit of a downer with your posts today!

Â