Samir Carruthers

VillanousOne

I was shocked when I read in a match report he was playing as a central midfielder in a 4231, can anyone confirm this?

If so what on gods earth?! He's no holding midfielder and if we did play 4231 he needs to play in the middle and be an understudy/eventually replace Cole.

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay

I was shocked when I read in a match report he was playing as a central midfielder in a 4231, can anyone confirm this?

If so what on gods earth?! He's no holding midfielder and if we did play 4231 he needs to play in the middle and be an understudy/eventually replace Cole.

Heaven forbid we experiment in friendlies!

Think of the children, won't someone please think of the children!!! :(

This is one of the young players I thought would be a good one.

I thought he did ok on loan but was then injured, but he needs to get a chance to play, either with the first team or on loan, to see if he can make the grade.

He was playing as a CM. He played as a CM in the next gen series.

Good god, tactical ineptitude runs rife doesn't it.

I thought during the Next Gen he did well, though so did Gardner, the Premier League is such a huge step up.

He cut in from the wing while at MK Dons, probably a more suitable position.

I really hope he gets some good chances this year, but I can't see us getting the best from him in CM without a tackling midfielder to support.

Heaven forbid we experiment in friendlies!

Think of the children, won't someone please think of the children!!! :(

Last year was an experiement of 2 midfielders who can't tackle but are both quality in their own right, plus many other experiements which worked out less well for us...Bacuna, the constant use of Bennett at left back...should I go on?

I'm all for experimenting, Gabby can't play on the wing, perhaps we should use him as a wing back......but in all seriousness if it was an experiment perhaps he'd have moved to Cole's position after he was taken off, you know, his natural position......

I don't know what happened in the game, hence asking, I can only assume you don't either :)

Maybe another loan is needed this season to aid his development.

He's 21 now, if it isn't going to be given a chance now then the manager should do the decent thing and sell him.

I was a bit disappointed with his performance against Mansfield. Perhaps he was trying too hard to impress or it was down to fitness, but he lost the ball a fair few times and didn't really make any impact.

I really don't think Lambert rates him that much, wasn't their stories in his 1st season here of Carruthers having an attitude problem at the training ground.

Think the only youngsters that will get any sort of game time this season will be Grealish and Robinson and Robbo will probably be going out on loan seeing as he didn't go on the trip.

I really don't think Lambert rates him that much, wasn't their stories in his 1st season here of Carruthers having an attitude problem at the training ground.

Think the only youngsters that will get any sort of game time this season will be Grealish and Robinson and Robbo will probably be going out on loan seeing as he didn't go on the trip.

Don't think it was an attitude problem per se, wasn't it just that Carrurhers used his mobile when he shouldn't have?

Don't think it was an attitude problem per se, wasn't it just that Carrurhers used his mobile when he shouldn't have?

This is very true, apparently calling for a taxi.

It has to be an attitude problem, or a personality clash because he can't be any worse than players like Bennet and Stevens.

We finally have a player who can link midfield and attack (Cole) so why not take an understudy, he suits the role.Those suggesting he plays a deeper/central role, I can understand that but we have Westwood for that and though I really like Ashley it's not a position that works in our current tactics.(without a tougher tackling midfielder alongside)

Managers know their players better than we do and know what's good for their team but I just can't believe Samir is that far off the pace, he's skilful, a good passer and likes to run at players with intelligence and not just pace....we don't have many of those.

I have always liked what I have seen from him, hope he gets a chance.

I have visions of this mobile phone thing being a Dom Joly type 'What...no, I'm in the managers squad meeting...no, it's rubbish'.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Saw in the match thread that he both had a great and a shit game last night depending on who you believe?

Was he playing centrally and deep? I think the shit comments might come from him having a tidy game further back (where he played for the u21s for us captaining I think?) but I didn't see the game.

Anyone see him last night?

Yeah I watched the game and thought he still looked rusty as hell. Gave the ball away a fair bit and didn't really do anything particularly great when he didn't give it away.

That said he is coming back from a major injury and I wouldn't expect anything else at this point. I still hope that he can stay with the first team this year because I think he has the potential to make it in the Prem.

Â