Critically acclaimed games you've never got into

legov

FIFA13. I mean it's enjoyable to an extent in that the players are accurate, as are the sounds etc. but the way you control it is nothing like real football. The console decides what it wants to do and you give it some hints in the direction of what you want to do.

PES on the Wii with the pointer control was about as close as it ever got to real control of players.

Final Fantasy 7.

So let me get this straight. You are a misogynist, hate Ska, and don't like FFVII. You are the pits, man :(

I'm not sure how I've got the label of misogynist!

But the other 2 are right ;)

FFVII  was very much a game od=f its time, may even have been slightly dated in terms of gameplay even then but the story is what set it apart. It was worth putting up with all the gameplay annoyances to keep the story advancing. Im still a stern believer that FFIX was far superior and is my personal favourite game of all time.

In terms of this topic though, I think the Persona, Monster Hunter and Metal Gear Solid series are the ones ive never gotten into, can see why some would love them but they are not for me.

Fallout, Bioshock.

Don't really like post apocalyptic wastelands. So many games set in those environments (lazily, IMO). Not a fun place to spent hours in. It's one of the things I love so much about Uncharted and, particularly, Assassins Creed - it's a rich, colourful, believable space.

I came into this thread to post this and then realised that I already had. I'll add Metal Gear Solid and Call of Duty as well. I've got Max Payne 3 out on rent at the moment and it's kinda fun but, much like COD, it's just shooting, which gets tedious.

The most tedious thing about games though, and I just can't get my head around why people enjoy it, is the idea of '100%'ing them - collecting various things etc. If I wanted to spend hours performing menial tasks I'd clean the house...

The most tedious thing about games though, and I just can't get my head around why people enjoy it, is the idea of '100%'ing them - collecting various things etc. If I wanted to spend hours performing menial tasks I'd clean the house...

Agree, but sometimes you just cant help it.

I think the Arkham series has this tedious bit nailed though, as you really have to use your brain trying to work out how to get those riddler trophies.. very clever some of them.

While I'm here I have to defend Fallout 3, one of my favourite games ever.

Bordelands, Bioshock and Oblivion for me - couldnt get into any of them.

Though with Bioshock I didnt realise you lose your ammo when you resprawn,  I didnt have a backup save game so I found myself in an impossible position. Didnt fancy starting from scratch again so gave up on it.

Here is a nice song that sums up my feelings about Tomb Raider pretty well

(on an off topic note, this band was alright, mostly all their songs were about one game or another)

Final Fantasy 7.

So let me get this straight. You are a misogynist, hate Ska, and don't like FFVII. You are the pits, man :(

I'm not sure how I've got the label of misogynist!

Nor me, but you have, so tough shit :)

FF7 for me.  I do have it downloaded on my ps3 though.

Would it be worth me delving into now or would it have aged badly?

Coming from someone who never got into it originally and downloaded it last year, I'd go with no. It's not worth it.

To me it was crap. But I'm blaming that on age.)

I've never really been a fan of any of the Final Fantasies.

And I can't ever seem to get into any of the Rockstar games. GTA 4 and RDR were both day one purchases for me, but I've sold them both back and can't really say I've 'liked' either of the games

Fallout, Bioshock.

Don't really like post apocalyptic wastelands. So many games set in those environments (lazily, IMO). Not a fun place to spent hours in. It's one of the things I love so much about Uncharted and, particularly, Assassins Creed - it's a rich, colourful, believable space.

I came into this thread to post this and then realised that I already had.

Same here!

So to my previous choises of all the Uncharted games, I'll add the latest Bioshock game.  It's reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally dull.

Â