Critically acclaimed games you've never got into

legov

MGS4 went too far on the story, the actual gameplay was quite good but you only got 10 minute spells of it before another 10 minute cutscene, i sure one of them is over an hour iirc i completed it in about 18hrs and i think about 6hrs of that was gameplay

as for GT im not really in to racing games in general but GT brings out some weird determination to collect every single car on the game, which means i end up playing it a fair bit, same thing with pokemon, completely uninterested in the story or what was going on all i knew was there were 200 of them and i wanted them all

as for GT im not really in to racing games in general but GT brings out some weird determination to collect every single car on the game, which means i end up playing it a fair bit, same thing with pokemon, completely uninterested in the story or what was going on all i knew was there were 200 of them and i wanted them all

You see I really, really like a good racing game but find the GT series totally sterile.

Call of Duty, MMOs in general (I guess I can specify Warcraft as 'acclaimed' though, tried it, couldnt get on with it), Far Cry, but the major one would have to be Tomb Raider. Everyone used to rave about, but I just thought...guh? Just didnt find it fun, interesting, exciting...or anything at all really. Fast forward from the PS1 era, I tried the current gen one (it was free on PS+) and found I had the exact same issues with it.

Gears of War 1, 2 & 3 - Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Gran Turismo 5 - The only GT I havent enjoyed at all

MGS - Clunky, pretentious, overrated but I really want to enjoy it and feel like im missing out on something.

FarCry 2 - Could have been a classic but ended up a complete buggy mess from start to finish destroyed by the malaria concept, crippling lack of save points and respawning enemies after 5 seconds.

Halo, Halo a thousand times Halo. Painfully bland.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Just don't get the appeal.

Not quite on topic as they were certainly enjoyable but after seeing 10/10 "game of the year" trotted out over and over again, the newer Zelda games kind of left me feeling "is that it?".

Oh and completely agree, Far Cry 2 is an absolute piece of shit.

Halo, Halo a thousand times Halo. Painfully bland.

yeah i forgot about halo, i didnt get it at all, you went to the bottom, found the flood and then went back to the top, all the while fighting boring opponents in pretty uninspiring environments and a shockingly boring story

Final Fantasy 7 for me. Only tried it once years ago but it just didn't happen to me.

I feel like I need to play it through soon to complete myself.

I fear that'll be on my list soon too.

Haven't touched it in 2 weeks

FarCry 2 - Could have been a classic but ended up a complete buggy mess from start to finish destroyed by the malaria concept, crippling lack of save points and respawning enemies after 5 seconds.

This. Infact the malaria didn't bother me but that's because I didn't play it that much, unlocked the second area and then it got a little boring.

It's a shame because it's got the basics down right, also the fact you couldn't lose people once they started coming after you was ridiculous, it didn't matter where you went, how far away you got. They were going to catch up and it was just irritating.

And another for Fallout, infact I've never really got into games like Fallout, Oblivion, Skyrim. They feel too alone, dull. Though part of me thinks if I really put time into it I'd love it.

Halo 1 and Halo2 were excellent for their time. IMO they were the best multplayer games in the time when they both came out. I was never interested in the story though, just the gameplay for Multiplayer. Maybe COD2 was as good as Halo2. But not sure...

All Halos since then have been crap mind.

A game i've never liked is any of the GTA's bar GTA1 on the PC.

As a driving game it's shite.

As a shooter it's shite.

I've always got bored of the stories pretty fast

It really just does nothing for me. Jack of all trades master of none, which is kinda the point I guess, but it just doesnt interest me.

I loved Halo (especially the first one) for the storyline. I played against with friends at my house and set up a system link a couple of times but didn't really get into multiplayer, even when I got Xbox Live, although it was pretty fun. That said, when I first got the original game it just came with my Xbox: I didn't play it for ages because I'm not an FPS fan in general, but did when bored and became totally immersed in the story.

Halo 1 and Halo2 were excellent for their time. IMO they were the best multplayer games in the time when they both came out. I was never interested in the story though, just the gameplay for Multiplayer. Maybe COD2 was as good as Halo2. But not sure...

All Halos since then have been crap mind.

A game i've never liked is any of the GTA's bar GTA1 on the PC.

As a driving game it's shite.

As a shooter it's shite.

I've always got bored of the stories pretty fast

It really just does nothing for me. Jack of all trades master of none, which is kinda the point I guess, but it just doesnt interest me.

:shock:

GTA stories are the best in gaming imo.

Another vote for Fallout 3. Started it three times over, by the time I got to Megaton in each game I gave up. Couldn't get on with it.

Exactly, same with me.

:shock: I'm stunned at the lack of love for Fallout 3! It won loads of G.O.T.Y awards. Oh well, different strokes and all that.

Here's a theory. Maybe so many Villa fans seem to dislike Fallout 3 because the drab and dreary, apocalyptic Capital Wasteland reminds them too much of Birmingham :winkold:

Seriously guys, get past Megaton then suffer through the mission where you have to kill a bunch of fire-breathing ants (it's a great mission and fun, just very hard with your limited resources) and I swear after that it's excellent. I can still remember the first time I heard a BOOM go off somewhere over the horizon. Naturally, I had to check it out. Imagine my surprise when I saw what was waiting for me at the picnic area at the top of that hill...

Another vote for Fallout 3. Started it three times over, by the time I got to Megaton in each game I gave up. Couldn't get on with it.

Exactly, same with me.

:shock: I'm stunned at the lack of love for Fallout 3! It won loads of G.O.T.Y awards. Oh well, different strokes and all that.

Here's a theory. Maybe so many Villa fans seem to dislike Fallout 3 because the drab and dreary, apocalyptic Capital Wasteland reminds them too much of Birmingham :winkold:

Seriously guys, get past Megaton then suffer through the mission where you have to kill a bunch of fire-breathing ants (it's a great mission and fun, just very hard with your limited resources) and I swear after that it's excellent. I can still remember the first time I heard a BOOM go off somewhere over the horizon. Naturally, I had to check it out. Imagine my surprise when I saw what was waiting for me at the picnic area at the top of that hill...

Played the game for more than long enough. Treked through DC, subways, quested here and there. Never grabbed me. It should have but it didn't.

Â