What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

Finished Dark Souls on PC the other night. I think elated is the best word to describe the feeling when the last boss went down.

How's it run on PC?

I really liked elements of the game when I was playing it on the 360 but general performance issues, and especially Blighttown, killed any chance of me getting into it properly. But with the Steam sale and it maybe appearing, I think a good word on the port might make my purchase certain if it pops up in the sales...

Tried AC3.

Is it just me or is there an obscene amount of loading going on? Glitchy as ****, too.

Anyway, the combat is clunky and as lovingly rendered New England is, it just isn't that interesting.

Meh.

I must admit, despite some reservations about Arkham City, it is probably the only game I got into this year, and it wasn't even released this year!

How's it run on PC?

I really liked elements of the game when I was playing it on the 360 but general performance issues, and especially Blighttown, killed any chance of me getting into it properly. But with the Steam sale and it maybe appearing, I think a good word on the port might make my purchase certain if it pops up in the sales...

It's absolutely stunning once you download the DSFIX. No framerate issues at all (Even in Blighttown). Certainly puts the PS3 and Xbox versions to shame.

I also recommend downloading the DS3 Tool and using a PS3 controller. Mouse and keys don't really suit it at all.

Oh, and I really can't recommend it enough. If you only saw up until Blighttown you have sooooo much gaming goodness to see. I'm going to have a break from it for a few weeks before trying my hand at the DLC areas (which are included in the PC version).

Tried AC3.

Is it just me or is there an obscene amount of loading going on? Glitchy as ****, too.

Anyway, the combat is clunky and as lovingly rendered New England is, it just isn't that interesting.

Meh.

I must admit, despite some reservations about Arkham City, it is probably the only game I got into this year, and it wasn't even released this year!

I am playing this for the 4th time in 3 weeks now. Not that I love the game (i do like it), but it has crashed so many times and i have lost my save games 3 times already, so here i am hoping for 4th time lucky!

For anyone who hasnt bought Farcry 3 yet Game are selling the Extended edition on 360 and PS3 for £22.49 inc delivery. I just ordered a copy:

http://www.game.co.u...-edition-169255 XBOX 360

http://www.game.co.u...-edition-169251 PS3

Amazon have price-matched this now, too.

I don't play too many games these days. I play FIFA a fair bit because it's easy to pick up and put down, but other than that and Football Manager 2011 I think I've only played the two Batman games in the last couple of years (as well as a bit of Minecraft). I'd like to pick up a couple more games though, particularly while I'm on holiday from work - and this deal's tempting as I've heard good things about Far Cry 3. However, I've never played the two previous games - would it still be worth a go?

Also getting Halo 4 for Christmas, which I'm looking forward to, and am still yet to play FM13 despite pre-ordering and paying for it in September.

Think I'll get GTA5 next year as well.

I enjoyed parts of it (that Chris Jericho/table level can get to **** :bang: ), but Universe mode is garbage. Plus no CAW story mode (e.g. Road To Wrestlemania from previous iterations) is near criminal.

I enjoyed parts of it (that Chris Jericho/table level can get to **** :bang: ), but Universe mode is garbage. Plus no CAW story mode (e.g. Road To Wrestlemania from previous iterations) is near criminal.

I don't understand them doing that, I have't owned a WWE game since 2008, and that one had no story mode either.

The story mode on the PS2 games were brilliant, basically a recap of the year in wrestling with different situations happening depending on what you did in matches/interviews/conversations with other wrestlers.

Finished the main storyline of Arkham City without realising I was about to do so. Now I need to decide whether to finish all the side stuff I left hanging or if I should dive on into Batman Arkham Asylum which I picked up in the sales for a fiver. Gosh, what a game though. I never read the comics and my memory of the animated series has all but faded, but for me every single character was brilliantly interpreted. Mark Hamill's Joker > Heath Ledger's Joker. There, I said it. Hugo Strange was also superbly voiced. I love how he pronounces 'the batmun'.

I'm also an hour or two into Gemini Rue, which seems like a solid little point and click game apart from a godawful timed sequence or two. Maybe my thinking's too narrow but I don't think adventure games should feature fail states and player punishment. I felt the same way about Primordia when I locked myself out of one of the 'good' endings thanks to a random click I'd made within the first hour. That's just not to my taste (although Primordia was otherwise enjoyable in an understated, don't-write-home way).

Now I've got a backlog yet to play consisting of Arkham Asylum, the Icewind Dale games, Darksiders (1), Metro 2033, Deus EX:HR, Civ 5, and the Binding of Isaac so I should be able to come through this Steam sale with my wallet pretty unscathed. Speaking of which, though, anyone who hasn't played Psychonauts yet should pick it up now for 75% off. Fantastic game.

Â